ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUFAM and Brexit!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mmsa
Mood:

EUFAM and Brexit!

Post by mmsa » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:19 pm

Hi All,

With the UK definitely leaving the EU on January 31st, I’m getting a little worried about my wife’s status as she holds an EUFAM visa linked to my UK passport.

Do we need to request a switch in visas before then? Has there been any updates to this situation?

Many thanks

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Re: EUFAM and Brexit!

Post by shpirtshqipe » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:53 pm

So far the Irish government hasn’t made any further updates on the subject since the last news posted on this forum. See link

ireland/new-for-eufam-stamp-holders-of- ... 76947.html

Assuming the above remains unchanged, deal or no deal there shouldn’t be any issues

ShpirtShqipe

NiallPP
Ireland

Post by NiallPP » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:57 pm

Since this is now likely to be under Boris Johnson's deal rather than a 'no deal' scenario, your EUFAM status should continue to function as it currently does until the end of the 'transition period' in December 2020 - at this point its a bit more uncertain but it seems likely there will be some transition to a domestic stamp 4 status (which obviously would limit some of the rights of free movement that the EUFAM gives).

No need to panic about any issues for the moment though, and I would imagine there will be more info about this as things become clearer in 2020

mmsa
Mood:

Post by mmsa » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:24 pm

Thank you all