ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC - letter as sole proof of accommodation?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pyke

EC - letter as sole proof of accommodation?

Post by pyke » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:36 pm

I was going to submit an invitation letter from a friend as proof of accommodation arrangements and her telephone bill as proof of her address. It's been quite a long time and I have not received the bill, which was sent after the letter. It may be lost in the post.

I'm not sure if I should wait for the bill, which could be lost, or apply with the invitation letter as the sole proof of accommodation. Is anyone aware of problems encountered with the HC in similar cases?

Gotten contradictory responses from the VAC..

Please advise if I should proceed without the bill and submit it later if the HC requests for it? Or get another bill, if she can find another in her name and not her flatmates', scanned and sent to me? Are scanned copies acceptable?

Also, are tenancy agreements, copies of passports and other evidence really required? Please refer to http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... tion+proof
Haven't managed to find official guidelines on it..

Thanks, I can really use some advice!

pyke

Post by pyke » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:51 am

Perhaps the scanned copies will be the best approach then?