ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration to the UK - No Ancestral Lineage

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Talita Vorster
Newly Registered
South Africa

Immigration to the UK - No Ancestral Lineage

Post by Talita Vorster » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:21 pm

I want to move and work in the UK but I just cannot find a way to do so with my specific circumstances.

I am a South African citizen born and raised. Both parents are South African and born in South Africa. Grandparents are also not from British decent. I am not particularly wealthy either. I am also not married.

I do not have a criminal record. I speak English fluently (also Afrikaans if that helps at all?). Health wise I am in good health. Non-smoker and not addicted to any substances nor am I a drinker (alcohol). I do have astigmatism and another eye condition that causes degeneration of the eye.

I have got a South African drivers licence and a South African passport as well as a South African ID.

I have looked through the gov.uk site on visas and how to work towards an EU Citizenship. The only way I could find was to get a company to sponsor me to work there under a work visa.

Am I not able to immigrate to the UK under my circumstances?

Any assistance is most welcome! Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Immigration to the UK - No Ancestral Lineage

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:34 pm

The only route open to you would be the Tier 2 General employer sponsored visa and you need to meet the strict requirements as a highly skilled migrant, which is not too easy to get, or if you have substantial money to invest and can get endorsement if you have special talent/skills, is the Tier 1 Exceptional Talent/promise visa or the Innovator or Start Up visa.

It is very expensive to move to the UK. When I came in 2008, I brought R55,000 over and it wasn't enough, that was after paying my visas fees (no immigration health surcharge back then). Visas fees now are upward of £600 or more plus the immigration health surcharge of £1000 or more.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Talita Vorster
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Talita Vorster » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:24 pm

Darn, thank you for the speedy reply though!

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:23 pm

Talita Vorster wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:21 pm

I have looked through the gov.uk site on visas and how to work towards an EU Citizenship. The only way I could find was to get a company to sponsor me to work there under a work visa.

Any assistance is most welcome! Thank you!
If you are looking to gain an EU citizenship, then the UK may not be the way to go, since it looks like Brexit may actually happen in a month.

Are you highly skilled?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.