ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In the event of Stamp4 EUFAM expiry without an alternative

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tsantra
Newly Registered
India

In the event of Stamp4 EUFAM expiry without an alternative

Post by tsantra » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:57 pm

Hi,
I am an Indian citizen, living in Dublin, Ireland for nearly 10 years. I am currently on a stamp4 EUFAM visa, happily married to my wife (who is an EU national), with one child (Irish Citizen), and expecting another next year. My GNIB will expire on 18/02/2020.

Unfortunately, only recently (when I visited the GNIB office) I discovered that there is no option to renew my stamp 4 eufam, instead I have to apply for a EU3 permanent residency which will take at least 6 months, but there is a possibility of a temporary extension (can take upto 8 weeks). I have sent my application today. However, I want to know the following:
  • What steps to take, in case I go too close to my GNIB expiry date, without a temporary extension? I know sometimes local TDs can help, is there anything else any of you have done that helped you get a temporary extension at the nick of time?
  • Say my GNIB expires before I could manage to get a temporary extension? What then? What are the steps I can take to sort out my immigration status in that situation.
I would also like to mention that I applied for Irish Citizenship in August, 2019 and heard back from them on 15th Nov, 2019 that it went to the second stage.

I shall much appreciate any help/suggestion from you.
Kind regards

nojoyfrominis

Re: In the event of Stamp4 EUFAM expiry without an alternative

Post by nojoyfrominis » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:11 pm

Send them an email requesting extension. They normally give few months extension.

tsantra
Newly Registered
India

Post by tsantra » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:49 pm

thanks nojoyfrominis

Jvn
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Jvn » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:19 am

Im in the same situation, stamp 4eufam was going to expire. Applied for permanent residence card Eu3 ,4 weeks in advance prior to expiry. I was without visa for 10 days after 4eufam expired until they sent me temporary 10 months visa while processing application. My solicitor told me its normal to have couple of days gap. Main thing is you submitted the application. No stress they sill give u temporary visa while u waiting.

tsantra
Newly Registered
India

Post by tsantra » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:43 pm

Hi Jvn,
Many thanks for your reply, how did the 10 days gap affect your job? Did you have to take unpaid leave ? Any other effect?
kind regards,

Jvn
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Jvn » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:36 pm

I had to take unpaid leave but soon as i received the letter granting me temporary visa while application is in process, i could work again. The letter mention you can take up employment and it was enough to satisfy my employer of my visa status. Although i went to collect the stamp after 2 days. No other impact other than that. Id say the sooner you apply you will avoid those gaps but its no hassle and its normal to have few days gap. Main thing is you lodged the application before visa expiry so u’ve done your part. Good luck

tsantra
Newly Registered
India

Post by tsantra » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:57 pm

thanks jvn

Akinomoakin
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Akinomoakin » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:05 pm

Hi, I am in the same situation as you, I did not no I need to apply for an extension on my residence. I applied for for Eu3 on September 2019. Now my gnib has expired and I have to stop work. I sent a letter to the eu treaty department on Tuesday. Still have not heard back from them. Can you please tell me how long before they reply to your extension requests. Is there an email they respond to?

Akinomoakin
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Akinomoakin » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:05 pm

Akinomoakin wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:05 pm
Hi, I am in the same situation as you, I did not no I need to apply for an extension on my residence. I applied for for Eu3 on September 2019. Now my gnib has expired and I have to stop work. I sent a letter to the eu treaty department on Tuesday. Still have not heard back from them. Can you please tell me how long before they reply to your extension requests. Is there an email they respond to?