ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Savings from Gift for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Steve12345
Newly Registered

Savings from Gift for spouse visa

Post by Steve12345 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:55 pm

Hi all ,
My wife is gonna submit her application for spouse visa in 2 weeks, I'm going crazy atm, caused scared it may get refused. So planning for plan B in 6 months time, if it gets refused.
My parents remortgage there home 2 months ago for £150,000.

I have £10,000 in savings, if parents give me £60,000 as a gift, so I have a total of £70,000. Will I be able to submit for the spouse visa, as cash savings. After I have kept it in my bank for 6 months.

As I have been reading many forums, many applicants got refused after submitting correct documents. So it's made me do nervous , so planning ahead of time.

Casa

Re: Savings from Gift for spouse visa

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:59 pm

Steve12345 wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:55 pm
Hi all ,
My wife is gonna submit her application for spouse visa in 2 weeks, I'm going crazy atm, caused scared it may get refused. So planning for plan B in 6 months time, if it gets refused.
My parents remortgage there home 2 months ago for £150,000.

I have £10,000 in savings, if parents give me £60,000 as a gift, so I have a total of £70,000. Will I be able to submit for the spouse visa, as cash savings. After I have kept it in my bank for 6 months.

As I have been reading many forums, many applicants got refused after submitting correct documents. So it's made me do nervous , so planning ahead of time.
Your post isn't clear. Do you intend to use the savings only if you have to re-apply :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:59 pm

You have to declare the source of funds and ho can ask for further proof from your parents.

Money that is a loan, even against a property, is not savings really.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Steve12345
Newly Registered

Post by Steve12345 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:30 pm

Yes casa, I'm planning to use the saving if need to reapply.

Steve12345
Newly Registered

Post by Steve12345 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:33 pm

CR001, parents giving to me as a gift, not needing to ever give back, so after its been in my bank for 6 months, will this be fine with the ECO

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:45 pm

Eco can still ask for source of where you got the funds.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Steve12345
Newly Registered

Post by Steve12345 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:56 pm

Will the application most likely get refused if I sent them the documents showing it's from a property remortgage from parents.?

As I know I can't use the savings if it was a loan to me, but this is a gift to me.

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:31 am

Steve12345 wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:56 pm
Will the application most likely get refused if I sent them the documents showing it's from a property remortgage from parents.?

As I know I can't use the savings if it was a loan to me, but this is a gift to me.

Thank you
Why are you thinking about refusal? Aren't you are working and earning sufficiently?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Steve12345
Newly Registered

Post by Steve12345 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:33 am

Yes, I earn £20,800 a year, been in this job for 8 months now. Will have all documents needed when for the application in 2 weeks. But still worried it get refused.

So do you think the cash to me from parents, be OK for the application?

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:11 pm

Steve12345 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:33 am
Yes, I earn £20,800 a year, been in this job for 8 months now. Will have all documents needed when for the application in 2 weeks. But still worried it get refused.

Why don’t you focus on doing everything for your first application? It’s good to have plan B and I respect that. I would even say, if your parents are ok to have 60k transferred to you, do it now as the 6 month clock will start ticking already. That’s your best plan B shot anyway.

There’s a but coming! But - seriously- focus on your first application. It’s time and money consuming to make mistakes in these things. Check all papers, check their validity etc. A lot of people do get visas from first attempt. Don’t forget that a lot of times people come to forum when there is a problem, so this board may not be a good indication of success rates.

Steve12345
Newly Registered

Post by Steve12345 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:16 pm

iwolga wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:11 pm
Steve12345 wrote:

Why don’t you focus on doing everything for your first application? It’s good to have plan B and I respect that. I would even say, if your parents are ok to have 60k transferred to you, do it now as the 6 month clock will start ticking already. That’s your best plan B shot anyway.

There’s a but coming! But - seriously- focus on your first application. It’s time and money consuming to make mistakes in these things. Check all papers, check their validity etc. A lot of people do get visas from first attempt. Don’t forget that a lot of times people come to forum when there is a problem, so this board may not be a good indication of success rates.
Iwolga thank you.

Yeah was getting worried before 1st application cause been reading couple of forums with a lot of refusals. Reading them was like making me crazy, hehehe

And the call from ECO to me and employer, wow I scared to think about it, when Im nervous I stutter. It makes me speak wrongly, hope I don't mess up at this point. Hopefully they don't call me.

I will focus on this first application now 😊.

Also, will the £60,000 be considered a loan by ECO, cause it's from a remortgage from parents?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:31 pm

There is no obligation on OP to pay any money, it is his parent that are under this obligation from mortgage provider.

The parents are entitled to do whatever they wish with their money. So long as the money is not from the proceeds of crime. It cannot be said that the OP loaned any money.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:14 pm

Steve12345 wrote:

If you are earning that sum of wages and have supplied all necessary documents then application won't be refused on financial requirement grounds. Better to keep focus on your work instead over thinking about cash savings.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Steve12345
Newly Registered

Post by Steve12345 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:19 pm

Thank you so much Seagul - Obie - Iwolga - CR001

thanks all for the advice.

you all have helped me with my worries lots with your replys.

hehe, hopefully I dont need to go to plan B :)

I will get the saving into my bank account maybe couple of days after the application.
Just as a backup. really do hope this is not needed :D

Steve12345
Newly Registered

Post by Steve12345 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:27 pm

Obie wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:31 pm
There is no obligation on OP to pay any money, it is his parent that are under this obligation from mortgage provider.

The parents are entitled to do whatever they wish with their money. So long as the money is not from the proceeds of crime. It cannot be said that the OP loaned any money.
i take it, it should be fine to use parents remortgage gift money to me for my cash saving.

Thank you.

also whats does OP stand for in your reply?

thanks again

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:56 pm

Steve12345 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:27 pm
Obie wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:31 pm

i take it, it should be fine to use parents remortgage gift money to me for my cash saving.

Thank you.

also whats does OP stand for in your reply?

thanks again
Original Poster = You.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.