ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is UK nurses registation viewed as equivalent of bachelors

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bigbadbillybear
Newly Registered

Is UK nurses registation viewed as equivalent of bachelors

Post by bigbadbillybear » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:53 am

Hi all

Is UK nurses registration (mental health) viewed as equivalent of bachelors degree for Tier 1 general visa.

Cheers Bill

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:22 pm

Registration / membership of an academic or professional body is based on certain qualification(s) and/or experience, but (as far as I know) cannot be termed as a qualification in itself.

Anyhow, for Tier 1, you have to provide evidence of a qualification equivalent to UK standards and whether a qualification is accepted under Tier 1 can be checked using points-based calculator.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

bigbadbillybear
Newly Registered

Post by bigbadbillybear » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:08 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Registration / membership of an academic or professional body is based on certain qualification(s) and/or experience, but (as far as I know) cannot be termed as a qualification in itself.

Anyhow, for Tier 1, you have to provide evidence of a qualification equivalent to UK standards and whether a qualification is accepted under Tier 1 can be checked using points-based calculator.

regards
I already have a current nurses registration in UK and the required pin number as i worked there before and have made sure i kept up my registration in UK. I am a fully registered RMN staff nurse. I have calculated i am probably band 5 or 6 That was not my question.
My question is.. does the degree i obtained in New Zealand 23yrs ago which has allowed me to work as a fully registered nurse all these years, count as a bachelor degree for the purposes of immigration. I just want it clarified before I submit my application. Thanks

pyke

Post by pyke » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:48 am

Was it a bachelors degree in nursing that you obtained then? Perhaps you can check with NARIC whether it is equivalent to a UK bachelors qualification.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:33 pm

bigbadbillybear wrote:does the degree i obtained in New Zealand 23yrs ago which has allowed me to work as a fully registered nurse all these years, count as a bachelor degree for the purposes of immigration. I just want it clarified before I submit my application. Thanks
As mentioned in my earlier post, you can use the points-based calculator to check if your degree meets the qualification and english language requirements for Tier 1.

If you do not find your qualification in the points-based calculator, then you can request for a letter of comparability from NARIC. Remember that this letter from NARIC will only state that your overseas qualification is considered equivalent to a certain UK standard, and you will not be able to use this letter as proof of english language requirements.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!