ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa vignette surname change

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Visa vignette surname change

Post by Fizzy513 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:31 pm

Hi, I applied for spouse visa for my partner. Her visa was approved in October and she has been in the U.K since the end of October 2019. The visa was issued with her previous surname and I wish to change her surname to her marriage surname so its matching my surname.

How can I go about this? What are the implications and costs associated to this? Do I have to change her passport etc. Will it take a long time and cause issues in the future at all?

Thanks for the help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa vignette surname change

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:35 pm

1. You can't change the visa vignette, not sure if that is what you are asking. Presumably your spouse has a BRP card now.

2. She needs to change her foreign passport to her married name. Then apply for a new brp replacement card in her new name.

It would have been far easier to change her passport before applying for a spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Re: Visa vignette surname change

Post by Fizzy513 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:00 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:35 pm
1. You can't change the visa vignette, not sure if that is what you are asking. Presumably your spouse has a BRP card now.

2. She needs to change her foreign passport to her married name. Then apply for a new brp replacement card in her new name.

It would have been far easier to change her passport before applying for a spouse visa.
Hi thanks for replying. What are the implication of doing it this way and the costs?

How long will it take for a new BRP card and what about the extensions etc? Do I have to just submit the proof of surname change? Thanks

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Spouse visa approved how to travel?

Post by Fizzy513 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:39 pm

Hi, as mentioned previously my wifes spouse visa for entry was approved and she came in the U.K october 2019.

I want to travel to a few countries and would like to know how to apply for visa etc?

We want to mainly travel around europe so Netherlands, Greece, Italy, etc.
We also want to travel to Egypt, Turkey and Sweden.

How can I get visa's for the countries above? will one visa be enough for the whole of europe?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa approved how to travel?

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:12 pm

Fizzy513 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:39 pm
Hi, as mentioned previously my wifes spouse visa for entry was approved and she came in the U.K october 2019.

We want to mainly travel around europe so Netherlands, Greece, Italy, etc.
We also want to travel to Egypt, Turkey and Sweden.

How can I get visa's for the countries above? will one visa be enough for the whole of europe?

Thanks
For Egypt & Turkey you will have to apply separately. But maybe depending on your country of nationality they may have a policy to waive the visa requirement if you hold valid schengen visa. Ask their embassy/consulate.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.