ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rob18
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Spouse visa

Post by Rob18 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:43 am

My question is about citizenship. I entered UK in Feb 2015 on spouse visa when my extension bcame near our financial circumstances were not meet the criteria so we switch to 10 year route. I am a doctor but i was started my job just 2 months ago at that time so couldnot show much evidence.After 6 month i switched my visa again to 5 year route but they said they will not count my last 2 and half year in this extension now. My 5 years will be completing in February 2020. I am doing GP training post . My question is that Is there any chance i could apply for citizenship and they will consider my application ????

Amber
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa

Post by Amber » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:22 am

I’m afraid, the clock has reset:

E-ILRP.1.3. (1) Subject to sub-paragraph (2), the applicant must, at the date of application, have completed a continuous period of either:

(a) at least 60 months in the UK with:
(i) leave to enter granted on the basis of entry clearance as a partner granted under paragraph D-ECP.1.1.; or
(ii) limited leave to remain as a partner granted under paragraph D-LTRP.1.1.; or
(iii) a combination of (i) and (ii);
or
(b) at least 120 months in the UK with:
(i) leave to enter granted on the basis of entry clearance as a partner granted under paragraph D-ECP.1.1. or D-ECP.1.2.; or
(ii) limited leave to remain as a partner granted under paragraph D-LTRP.1.1. or D-LTRP.1.2.; or
(iii) a combination of (i) and (ii).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:28 am

My question is that Is there any chance i could apply for citizenship and they will consider my application ????
You also need ILR before you can apply for citizenship and for ilr, the rules posted above apply. There is no route to citizenship by skipping ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:13 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:20 am

Unfortunately, they closed a loophole for spouses of British citizens many years ago.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:00 pm