ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

marrying in india

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ds2008
Newly Registered

marrying in india

Post by ds2008 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:24 pm

Hi,
Im totally new to this site so please be gentle.

I am a British born citizen and i am getting married in Oct 08 to a girl from the Punjab in India.

This is a geniune marriage as i have known this girl for approx 2 years, we have regular contact and i have been to see her twice so far.

Anyway, can someone pls advise what is the procedure for bringing her with me after the marriage in Oct?

I am reluctant for her to arrive later (as is sometimes the case) as we are desparate to start our new life together here asap.

thanks in advance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:58 pm

After a valid marriage, she may apply for a spouse visa from India.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ds2008
Newly Registered

Post by ds2008 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:21 pm

Hi Vinny,

thanks for ur reply.

we are going to have an indian wedding in october, does she apply after that?

in that case do you have any idea how will this application takes? and what it involves..

you see i am planning on returning to the uk a couple of days after the indian wedding ceromony and if her application takes longer she will not be able to return with me..

what would i need to do before the indian ceremony in order for her to come back with us all??

thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:43 pm

Frequently Asked Questions wrote:How long does it take to decide about an application?

Processing time depends on which visa type you have applied for. Our current processing times can be found on the Customer Services and Feedback page.
See also Marriage visa age raised to prevent forced marriages.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:16 am

Hi, i had an Indian wedding last December.There is nothing you can do before other than get all the paperwork done ready for giving to the BHC.That should include all your evidence of accommodation,your income,the contact you two have had etc as much info as you can get.As you are in the punjab area you will go to the local BHC office (know of one in Jalhandar ) they then let you know a week later if you are just getting the visa or if you need a interview(that is usually required for settlement visa) that then takes a few weeks to a month and she will probably have to go to New Delhi.This process will take a while and not be done in a few days so think it highly unlightly you will all be able to go home together.
Also make sure you get the wedding registered.
good luck,enjoy your wedding.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:04 pm