ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visas: Evidence of WhatsApp chat to PDF

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ReVerie

Visa process for Moroccan wife

Post by ReVerie » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:04 am

Hi everyone,

First of all I would like to say my thanks in advance for assisting me with this!

I am a British citizen and I am looking to marry girl in Morocco. I have tried to gather lot of information but I would greatly appreciate if someone here knows the EXACT process step by step and guide me.

Do you think I need to get a lawyer there?

I would be very grateful for your help and assistance with this.

Jaune08
Mexico

Re: Visa process for Moroccan wife

Post by Jaune08 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:09 am

Hey,

Basically, if you haven't married her, you have two options: apply for fiancée visa (to get marry in UK) or spouse visa (marry her in Morocco and apply afterwards). If you got married in Morocco, then you must apply for spouse visa.

There are lots of requirements (that are pretty much the same for both visas), but overall you need a minimum annual income of £18,600 among other financial requirements, prove your relationship is genuine, and she must take an English test.

All the information can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

Current fee for spouse visa: £1,523 visa + £1,200 IHS surcharge + £610 if you want priority service
ReVerie wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:04 am
Do you think I need to get a lawyer there?
If you can afford it, it's better to hire an immigration lawyer.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:20 am

If you intend to marry in Morocco, you may find the information in the following link helpful.

https://www.moroccanconsulate.org.uk/en/Marriages.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:42 am

Many thanks for those responses.

Do you know how long the process takes for all the documentation to complete and in Rabat and which offices I need to go to and their contact numbers there ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:12 am

ReVerie wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:42 am
Many thanks for those responses.

Do you know how long the process takes for all the documentation to complete and in Rabat and which offices I need to go to and their contact numbers there ?
Your fiancee will no doubt tell you that the wheels turn very slowly in Morocco even for Moroccan nationals. :idea:

There a local legalities which you will need to comply with and your fiancee is best placed to help with these, including contacting the Laadoul (Marriage Officer) in the area where you intend to marry. However, from your side:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-an ... or-morocco

https://www.gov.uk/marriage-abroad
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:11 pm

can someone please tell me if there is any other way to get the affidavit/affirmation oath document which allows me to marry in morocco without appointment at the embassy? it is rediculous that the waiting time for the appointments are like 2 months away and will put us in very difficult position. Is there any other way for me to get this document please?

Thanks

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:57 pm

Also, i wanted to ask. If Godforbid, the marriage doesnt work and my wife or myself seek divorce, can morocco enforce its laws on me british living in Britain? and likewise can Britain enforce its laws on moroccan citizen living in morocco?

Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:54 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:11 pm
can someone please tell me if there is any other way to get the affidavit/affirmation oath document which allows me to marry in morocco without appointment at the embassy? it is rediculous that the waiting time for the appointments are like 2 months away and will put us in very difficult position. Is there any other way for me to get this document please?

Thanks
To the best of my knowledge, no. Your other option is to apply for a fiancee visa and marry in the UK, although assuming your fiancee's family agree to this, you will still be looking at a processing time of up to 12 weeks.
(Casa, not CR001)

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:45 am

ReVerie wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:57 pm
Also, i wanted to ask. If Godforbid, the marriage doesnt work and my wife or myself seek divorce, can morocco enforce its laws on me british living in Britain? and likewise can Britain enforce its laws on moroccan citizen living in morocco?

Thanks
International divorces can get really really messy.

UK cannot enforce anything in Morocco and Morocco cannot enforce anything in the UK. Both countries have a very different law system when it comes to family affairs. In Morocco it's mainly inspired from islam.

If there is a divorce, in any country, it has to be transcribed in the other. Otherwise, you can be married in one country and no longer in the other.

If there are kids in the middle of this, it can create dramatic situations as usually each country tends to give them to its own national. Often it leads to separation, kidnapping and this kind of things.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:47 am

Zerubbabel wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:45 am
If there is a divorce, in any country, it has to be transcribed in the other. Otherwise, you can be married in one country and no longer in the other.
What do you mean exactly by 'transcribed in the other'??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:56 pm

If you divorce in the UK, you need to declare that divorce in Morocco because there is no direct collaboration between the countries. So if marriage is known in both countries, you have to make sure the divorce is also.

Actually, even between EU countries, I have seen cases where the divorce has to be declared in multiple countries.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:37 pm

ReVerie wrote:

Thanks
If it involves lengthy process then you can even marry in another country. Moroccan nationals can visit 61 countries visa freely from 2nd July 2019.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requ ... n_citizens
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:48 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:57 pm

Thanks
If you divorce, much depends on you and your wife's country where you are considered to be domicile at that time. (This can be somewhat complicated).

In Morocco the divorce laws are subject to the moudawana (family law) which was updated in 2004 to give more rights to women. See below:
APPROVAL OF FOREIGN DIVORCE
Spouses who have married in Morocco and live abroad may apply for divorce in
Morocco according to the applicable rules and procedures there, or apply to have a
foreign divorce approved in Morocco. In order to have a foreign divorce approved in
Morocco, an exequatur is required, that is, a ruling by a Moroccan court that the foreign
judgement can be enforced in Morocco.
(Casa, not CR001)

farial00786
inactive

Post by farial00786 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:43 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:37 pm
ReVerie wrote:

Thanks
If it involves lengthy process then you can even marry in another country. Moroccan nationals can visit 61 countries visa freely from 2nd July 2019.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requ ... n_citizens
Thanks for you advice to marry in a third country. How it can be quicker in a third country? Also after marrying in 3rd country, I assume the visa application will be lengthy. Please can you shed some more light on this. Many thanks in advance.

ReVerie

Family Visas: Spouse Application (Morocco)

Post by ReVerie » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:49 pm

Hi All,

First of all i would like to thank all kind souls willing to help and give advice.

Is there anyone here who recently allplied for a spouse visa for their spouse in Morocco and if they can guide me on the exact process required.

I have general idea such as filling online application and then choosing options of which where and how to submit documents and then arranging for appointments.

I am seeking someone who can help me with filling the online application and checking the exact documents and how and where to submit them, which priority service to use and if its worth it.

I tried to reach out to some solicitors but they are asking for extortionate fee which i absolutely cant afford and too scared to go through the application myself as if i lose my application fee due to it being rejected for some reason then i will be devestated.

Thanks again to people who come forward to help me. God Bless you all.

ReVerie

Re: Family Visas: Spouse Application (Morocco)

Post by ReVerie » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:21 pm

I have few questions that i would like to ask and hope somebody can answer :

1.exactly what property/accommodation documents ?

2. This is more for sanity check to confirm my understanding of the process.
At the end of online application, i will be given a choice to either make an appointment at the local service centre to bring all my documents to be scanned and submitted OR i can upload all my documents myself online. This is the appointment for my documents as sponsor, but will there be an option for me to select to then arrange for another appointment for my wife in morocco when she will have to go there and submit her passport and TB certificate and Biometrics?

MANY THANKS!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:40 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:21 pm

At the end of online application, i will be given a choice to either make an appointment at the local service centre to bring all my documents to be scanned and submitted OR i can upload all my documents myself online. This is the appointment for my documents as sponsor, but will there be an option for me to select to then arrange for another appointment for my wife in morocco when she will have to go there and submit her passport and TB certificate and Biometrics?

MANY THANKS!
1. Is the property yours or rented?

2. Don't get it confused, it is just one appointment as it is which is majorly for your wife to get biometrics done. There is nothing like appointment for sponsor to submit documents.

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:27 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:40 pm
ReVerie wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:21 pm

MANY THANKS!
1. Is the property yours or rented?

2. Don't get it confused, it is just one appointment as it is which is majorly for your wife to get biometrics done. There is nothing like appointment for sponsor to submit documents.
Many thanks for your response.

1. The property is mine and its joint ownership with my mother and sister.

I have another question please. I will be submitting the VISA application online and will choose to upload all the documents online. My wife has managed to send me scan of most of documents but she still needs to get her TB certificate. I just wanted to ask if i can submit all the remaining documents on the application online and then when my wife visits her appointment at the VAC she can submit the TB certificate with her passport at the same time?

ReVerie

UK Visa application - Cant change details

Post by ReVerie » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:35 pm

Hi everyone,

Thanks to everyone who help me.

I am filling the online Visa application, i reach all the way to declaration but i havent paid for anything or submitted any documents or anything. I was just checking all the questions asked so was typing random information in answer fields but now i cant go back and change some of the details , the "change details" option is not there anymore against the main applicants details. Anyone know why this is the case please? surely the application has not been submitted in any way.

thanks!

uj95

Re: UK Visa application - Cant change details

Post by uj95 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:18 pm

You will have to start again a fresh application

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:44 am

uj95 wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:18 pm
You will have to start again a fresh application
Thanks, but is it safe for me to assume that it’s not submitted in any way as I didn’t pay for anything. There are sections which I can still edit and change but just the applicants details I can’t change anymore

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:41 am

If you haven't paid the fee, the application won't be deemed as a validly made application, even if submitted.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

ReVerie

Family Visas: Entry stamps on passport & Joint mortgage

Post by ReVerie » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:41 pm

Hi everyone,

Happy new year to all the lovely people helping so many people.

My first question is regarding the entry stamps on my passport. My wife is in Morocco and i will be submitting spouse visa application any day now as we have all the documents ready. One of the things i would like to submit are the entry stamps on my passport for Morocco to show how many times i have visited but the problem is all the entry stamps are in Arabic, do you think i need to get these stamps translated to english before submitting?

Second question, the property i own has also my mother and sisters name on as a joint mortgage but im the one who pays the mortgage, do you think this joint mortgage will cause any issue when they see names of many people on it? do you have any better suggestion? also could you please confirm the exact documents required to submit for the property.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Family Visas: Entry stamps on passport & Joint mortgage

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:02 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:41 pm
i have visited but the problem is all the entry stamps are in Arabic, do you think i need to get these stamps translated to english before submitting?
No need of translation rather attach the E-tickets/boarding passes which should be in English.
ReVerie wrote:
Second question, the property i own has also my mother and sisters name on as a joint mortgage but im the one who pays the mortgage, do you think this joint mortgage will cause any issue when they see names of many people on it? do you have any better suggestion?
No issue. Just attach title deeds, noc letter from mother/sister and mortgage statement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ReVerie

Re: Family Visas: Entry stamps on passport & Joint mortgage

Post by ReVerie » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:24 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:02 pm
ReVerie wrote:
i have visited but the problem is all the entry stamps are in Arabic, do you think i need to get these stamps translated to english before submitting?
No need of translation rather attach the E-tickets/boarding passes which should be in English.
ReVerie wrote:
Second question, the property i own has also my mother and sisters name on as a joint mortgage but im the one who pays the mortgage, do you think this joint mortgage will cause any issue when they see names of many people on it? do you have any better suggestion?
No issue. Just attach title deeds, noc letter from mother/sister and mortgage statement.
Thankyou so much seagul for such a quick response, much appreciated. Just a follow up question to my second question, the title deed does not show how many bedrooms the house is which i believe is important to show and submit ?