ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approval Letter not received from Home office

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Splash

Approval Letter not received from Home office

Post by Splash » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:32 pm

Hello Guys

I have received invitation for citizonship ceremony from my local council but i have not received the approval letter from home office. I called them but they told me it will some time and they have not taken my detail to check whether approval letter has been issued by them or not. I am worrying about ceremony date is on 15th of January.
Kindly suggest me what should i do?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Approval Letter not received from Home office

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:23 pm

You do not need to do anything :? You do not generally need the letter
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Splash

Post by Splash » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:32 pm

Hi Zimba
I called local council and they told me that it is mandatory to have a Home Office approval otherwise i would not be allowed to attend ceremony.
I called home office they given me following email address to communicate which is as follows
citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk
I want to ask question if in case home office take long time to send my approval letter by email or by royal mail. What should i do?. What options i have to get my approval letter before ceremony date which is less than 11 days ahead?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:27 pm

This has become complicated by the fact that each council does its own thing. Many councils do not send invitations. If they do, then why are they demanding you show them the letter. I suggest to discuss this with the council too
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Splash

Post by Splash » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:55 pm

Hi Zimba
I am literally stuck between home office and local council
I dont know what to do
Local Council needs home office approval for ceremoney and Home office customer service refused to take my deatil and to pass my querry to relevant person or department. They only given me email addres. Not sure they going to reply me before ceremony date

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:50 pm

Splash wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:32 pm
Hello Guys

I have received invitation for citizonship ceremony from my local council but i have not received the approval letter from home office. I called them but they told me it will some time and they have not taken my detail to check whether approval letter has been issued by them or not. I am worrying about ceremony date is on 15th of January.
Kindly suggest me what should i do?
If you have received an invitation letter from the council for the ceremony, I believe the letter will also contain your HO approval reference number. It also shows that the council has yor naturalisation certificate. All you will need is a proof of ID at the council on your ceremony day. You might want to also ask your council if they require the approval letter from HO. I understand you might want to have the approval letter from HO for your record, but I dont think you should be worried if you have not received it yet.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Post by xavieryves » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:35 am

Splash wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:32 pm
Hi Zimba
I called local council and they told me that it is mandatory to have a Home Office approval otherwise i would not be allowed to attend ceremony.
I called home office they given me following email address to communicate which is as follows
citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk
I want to ask question if in case home office take long time to send my approval letter by email or by royal mail. What should i do?. What options i have to get my approval letter before ceremony date which is less than 11 days ahead?
Write the email anyway if you haven't already, some people have been sent the approval letter via email after contacting the home office due to time constraints when in similar situations. Also cc these email addresses to cover all bases NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

Splash

Post by Splash » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:42 pm

Thanks xavieryves for your reply I emailed to them but i have not received any reply from them. I have not received approval letter from home office. Local council staff told me that they would not allow me to attend ceremony without home office approval letter.

pickle314
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by pickle314 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:11 pm

This same thing happened to me recently. And it turned out HO never sent out a letter for me and I waited about 3 weeks for it. The email address is correct. I ended up demanding a digital letter and they sent that out instead. It took another week for them to reply with the actual letter.

share4
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by share4 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:26 pm

I have recieved letters from council on 8th and from HO on 10th.
May be delays in post .Wait for sometime.