ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of living in the UK - Non-EEA National

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

n2000xb
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Previous UK immigration applications

Post by n2000xb » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:26 am

Hello everybody. This is my first post here. I'm applying for naturalisation as a British citizen through ILR. I’m stuck with few things while I fill-up AN Online form especially “Previous immigration applications” section.

When it asks: "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?", does that include the application I made for ILR (which I successfully made April 2012)? Or I have to add more application which I made before I received my ILR.

I have made 1st application for asylum to home office in 2007. No decision was given at that time. I got married in UK in 2009 and I went back home and made a new application (Biometrics was taken as part of visa procedure) for Settlement spouse visa in September 2009 and received entry clearance visa for UK in December 2009. I received my ILR in 2012.

Do I have to give all the previous applications details including which I made in 2007 before I received entry Clearance and ILR Visa for UK? If yes which number I should use for in “enter your reference number if known” section? Entry Clearance visa have Vaf no and 9-digit number with red colour just above Vaf no. As for the ILR Visa it has 9-digit number start with UK it just top right side of the visa.

Do I have to go through Biometrics appointment again? I am going to submit my application in 6th of January but my current passport is expiring in 31st January 2020. I hope this not going to effect on my application. Can anyone please advise me?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Previous UK immigration applications

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:20 am

- Previous Applications:
the question asks for "any", meaning all. Give as much detail as you have got or you can remember
- Biometrics:
yes you will have to do that - you can book an appointment once you submit/pay for your application.
- Passport Expiry:
not an issue if you apply before expiry date.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

n2000xb
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by n2000xb » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:58 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:20 am
- Previous Applications:
the question asks for "any", meaning all. Give as much detail as you have got or you can remember
- Biometrics:
yes you will have to do that - you can book an appointment once you submit/pay for your application.
- Passport Expiry:
Thank you for quick response from you. Which reference number I should use especially from entry clearance visa red number on top right or vaf number . As I don't remember or have any date for submitting any application apart from visa.

bcilr18
Mood:

Post by bcilr18 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:22 pm

n2000xb wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:58 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
- Previous Applications:
- Biometrics:
- Passport Expiry:
Thank you for quick response from you. Which reference number I should use especially from entry clearance visa red number on top right or vaf number . As I don't remember or have any date for submitting any application apart from visa.
From what I know, a reference number is given to you when you submit an application which is something like Reference: UKVI_xxxxxxxxxxxx. It used to be different a few years ago. I am not sure if the top right number on thr BRP cards can be used as reference numbers in this application. Correct me if I am wrong.

n2000xb
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by n2000xb » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:23 pm

I don’t have it anymore all I have entry clearance visa and ILR Visa. As for the BRP card I don’t have it either as it was compulsory when I received my ILR
bcilr18 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:22 pm
n2000xb wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:58 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
- Previous Applications:
- Biometrics:
- Passport Expiry:
From what I know, a reference number is given to you when you submit an application which is something like Reference: UKVI_xxxxxxxxxxxx. It used to be different a few years ago. I am not sure if the top right number on thr BRP cards can be used as reference numbers in this application. Correct me if I am wrong.

n2000xb
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Proof of living in the UK - Non-EEA National

Post by n2000xb » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:26 pm

I am a Non-EEA National. I don’t have BRP card. I have two passports. First one is expired and it contains with entry clearance visa and ILR visa. Second one is a valid passport but no visa on it.

What should I use to prove my living in the UK? Can I use my passports alongside with marriage certificate or do I need a letter from my employer?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Proof of living in the UK - Non-EEA National

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:31 pm

Scan/Submit both passports - expired one is for showing ILR and both expired and current passports with entry/exit stamps prove residence.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

n2000xb
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: Proof of living in the UK - Non-EEA National

Post by n2000xb » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:39 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:31 pm
Scan/Submit both passports - expired one is for showing ILR and both expired and current passports with entry/exit stamps prove residence.
Thank you very much.