ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invitation letter received, no info at council

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yadsa123
Newly Registered
Russia

Invitation letter received, no info at council

Post by yadsa123 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:32 pm

Dear All,

I have received my Citizenship approval letter yesterday on Jan 6th with the date of document December 19th (probably that's due to Christmas breaks) - no delay here, just delivered by postman yesterday. Thre also was no e-mail from HomeOffice. I called council yesterday and today again but they still can not find me neither by Reference Number, nor by name... It seems I have only 2 days left not to breach 21 days booking deadline. Should I be worried and expedite this somehow with council or home office?

Any advise appreciated.

Thanks
Denis

zimba
Mood:

Re: Invitation letter received, no info at council

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:38 am

This is because the council has not yet received your certificate from HO. Without that, they cannot book you in for the ceremony. I suggest to call them everyday and it should be with them in few days. This is largely due to holiday delays
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice