ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question when applying application online!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Juliebui
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Spouse visa extension question about accomodation and financial requirement!

Post by Juliebui » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:57 pm

Hi everyone, I'm gonna renew my visa as a spouse in 2 more months, and I have a few questions about the accommodation and my partner's income:
1. We are living in a council house, and we have tenancy agreement, do I need a letter or something else to confirm that we live in the property?
2. My partner is a director of a specified limited company and as I know we need a lot of documents to proof the income, when we collect the payslips from him I realized his payslips are not in formal( actually 5 months recently they changed the form of payslip so that's ok but before that time still the old payslips), as he is a director, is there anything to confirm that the payslips are authentic?
Thank you!

geoeng
Canada

Re: Spouse visa extension question about accomodation and financial requirement!

Post by geoeng » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:07 am

Juliebui wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:57 pm
1. We are living in a council house, and we have tenancy agreement, do I need a letter or something else to confirm that we live in the property?
If you are named on the tenancy agreement then that should be sufficient (worked for me anyway), assuming you have other evidence you live there (utility bills, official letters, etc.), which is required anyway as proof of cohabitation.
Juliebui wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:57 pm
2. My partner is a director of a specified limited company and as I know we need a lot of documents to proof the income, when we collect the payslips from him I realized his payslips are not in formal( actually 5 months recently they changed the form of payslip so that's ok but before that time still the old payslips), as he is a director, is there anything to confirm that the payslips are authentic?
The requirement for payslips in Appendix FM-SE of the immigration rules is as follows:
"Payslips must be:
(i) formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name; or
(ii) accompanied by a letter from the employer, on the employer’s headed paper and signed by a senior official, confirming the payslips are authentic"
So if they are not formal payslips, a letter would be required. If possible, it's probably better if this letter were signed by another senior official other than your husband.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Juliebui
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Re: Spouse visa extension question about accomodation and financial requirement!

Post by Juliebui » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:12 pm

Thank you so much for your help!

Juliebui
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Council rented house NOC letter

Post by Juliebui » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:45 pm

Hi everyone, I'm living with my husband in a council house rented, and only my husband in the tenancy agreement. I heard that I need a Noc letter to confirm that I live in the property, but when I contacted the council to ask for a Noc letter they refused to do that because they said my name is not on the tenancy agreement, so they donot have any letter to confirm that I live there. Is NOC letter mandatory or do I just leave it and use the other bills for the proof of accommodation?
Thank you!

geoeng
Canada

Re: Council rented house NOC letter

Post by geoeng » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:18 pm

Juliebui wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:45 pm
Is NOC letter mandatory or do I just leave it and use the other bills for the proof of accommodation?
You need to provide evidence that adequate accommodation is available, which much be legally occupied. This evidence for rented accommodation usually takes the form of being named in a tenancy agreement or a letter (NOC letter) stating permission to reside at a property. It's not a letter confirming that you live there so much as a letter stating they would allow you to live there. You could check to see if the tenancy agreement allows others to reside at the property without being specifically named, but I think the best bet would be pushing to get a letter from the council.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Juliebui
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Juliebui » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:15 pm

What should I ask from council now? Cause they said they cannot give me any letter relate to the property, my house is in my husband's name, that's a 3 bedroom house and just me, my husband and his son live there so I think I have permission to live there, just donot know what exactly should O ask from them then :((

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:55 pm

Juliebui wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:15 pm
What should I ask from council now? Cause they said they cannot give me any letter relate to the property, my house is in my husband's name, that's a 3 bedroom house and just me, my husband and his son live there so I think I have permission to live there, just donot know what exactly should O ask from them then :((
Officially noc letter is needed but there are few experiences where the application was approved even without it which is still an unknown fact that whether was it miracle/oversight or caseworker use discretion if other proof of addresses/cohabitation on that address are attached.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Juliebui
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Do I have to give all the details of my stepchildren when applying extension visa?

Post by Juliebui » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:09 pm

Hi guys, I'm a bit confused when applying my application for my extentsion visa. My partner has 2 boys, 1 is now living with us and another one is living with his ex-wife. Do I need to give all the details of them two when I applying? Cause they ask a lot of information that we can not get for the one's living with his mum, for example his birth's certificate and utility bills from the mum, should I just give the information of the one we are living with and not add the one living with his mum? Thank you!

Amber
Mood:

Re: Do I have to give all the details of my stepchildren when applying extension visa?

Post by Amber » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:04 am

The questions relate to the financial requirement as non British/settled children attract an increased financial requirement. You can add further information at the end that there are two British children one of whom is resident with the other parent for which your partner has access.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Juliebui
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Re: Do I have to give all the details of my stepchildren when applying extension visa?

Post by Juliebui » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:53 am

So I just need to give them some note in the supporting letter rather than give all the details of them on the application, right?

Juliebui
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Urgent please!!! Lost decree absolute and not sure can get the copy in time

Post by Juliebui » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:34 pm

Hi everyone, I'm goona apply my extension visa in next few days, everything is ok now except my husband just realized he lost his divorce certificate, and he couldn't remember the time and court cause it happened very long time ago. I checked the way to get a copy of decree absolute online but I heard that it might take 20 days or more than that to get a copy. What should I do now? Should I still ask for a copy of decree absolute and if it's not come in time I will give an explaination so HO will know why I can't provide it, or should I wait until it come? Thank you!

geoeng
Canada

Re: Urgent please!!! Lost decree absolute and not sure can get the copy in time

Post by geoeng » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:51 pm

Juliebui wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:34 pm
What should I do now? Should I still ask for a copy of decree absolute and if it's not come in time I will give an explaination so HO will know why I can't provide it, or should I wait until it come? Thank you!
It's a required piece of supporting evidence, which you would also need for any future applications. Any chance you have a scanned copy of it since documents for extensions are uploaded online anyway? Would probably still be best to get a legal paper copy in case you were asked for it, but might be enough to move forward with an application. If you have the time available (a few weeks ago you were applying in 2 months) you may be better off waiting until you have all the required supporting documents.

BordersDivide
Egypt

Post by BordersDivide » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:58 pm

You should go the court (when it opens) and request it - they can possibly provide it there and then for a small fee.

Juliebui
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Juliebui » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:03 pm

Is that possible? Cause I just contacted them and they asked me when and case number but unfortunately my husband doesn't remember any of that so they said I have to fill the form D440 and sent to the Family Centre Court, is that better to come to the court directly?

BordersDivide
Egypt

Post by BordersDivide » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:07 pm

I’ve requested mine in the past. I asked for it to be done quicker, they said for me to come down. They said they will put it in the post same day so I opted for the post option and did receive it within days.

But I think I did have case number.

Can you look through any documents sent regarding this document - it may have the case number. Speeds things up.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:09 pm

Juliebui wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:34 pm
but I heard that it might take 20 days or more than that to get a copy. What should I do now?
You’ll get the copy within a week after the court gets your payment.
https://www.gov.uk/copy-decree-absolute-final-order
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Juliebui
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Juliebui » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:18 pm

I had completed and sent the form D440 to them, hopefully they will call me for the payment soon.

Juliebui
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Question when applying application online!

Post by Juliebui » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:46 pm

Hi everyone, when I complete the applicaton form online I got a question about my step son: They asj me about the other parent of my step son, I ticked to the box showing that my husband has sole responsibility, and then I have to ticked on the box that I will provide evidence of where other parent live. My question is do I have to provide her bills when I submit my application?