ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application: Visits to India during last 5 years (continuation stay)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sudhirkpagire
Newly Registered
India

ILR application: Visits to India during last 5 years (continuation stay)

Post by sudhirkpagire » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:19 pm

Hi,

I am applying for my ILR this month through 5 years route (Tier 2 general visa).

I am struggling with the following points

1) I have traveled to India almost every year in the last 5 years but stay is not more than 30 days each year, so do I need to mention the reason and show the evidence (e.g. absence letter from my HR)

2) I have also made some business visits to other countries such as USA, Canada, and Spain. So do I need to mention it as business visits with evidence or no need to show the evidence

3) Also, is there any official format in which I need to put my visits from and to the UK. Like, put the date of exit, date of entry and passport page numbers showing the immigration stamps for the corresponding visits.

I will be very happy if I can get answers to my queries.

BR,
Sudhir

srsw

Re: ILR application: Visits to India during last 5 years (continuation stay)

Post by srsw » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:23 pm

1. Yes
2. Yes, get your employer to mention as business visits in the letter they give.
3. Nothing official, but you can follow this format
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 67381.html
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.