ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DX Says Passport Delivered

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

usernameg
Newly Registered
India

DX Says Passport Delivered

Post by usernameg » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:29 pm

I received a Text From DX Delivery that my documents from HMPO Belfast will be delivered on Saturday, 11th January -I stayed at home all day and had no one show up at my door for delivery and nothing in my letterbox as well. This evening the tracking page on the DX website got updated and says that my parcel has been delivered which obviously is not the case unless they have delivered to the wrong address. Given its the weekend and their customer service lines don't open until Monday, I am unable to contact DX about any proof of delivery.

What are my options in this scenario?

1. Wait till Monday to contact DX and ask for proof of delivery to wrong address or confirm that they will re-attempt delivery and then contact the HMPO accordingly.

2. Contact the HMPO tomorrow/Sunday so that they can be involved and issue a new passport if needed and report the other one as lost.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: DX Says Passport Delivered

Post by bruteforce » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:14 pm

Wait till Monday. It could be a case of lazy driver who might attempt to deliver on Monday.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:18 am

usernameg wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:29 pm
I received a Text From DX Delivery that my documents from HMPO Belfast will be delivered on Saturday, 11th January -I stayed at home all day and had no one show up at my door for delivery and nothing in my letterbox as well. This evening the tracking page on the DX website got updated and says that my parcel has been delivered which obviously is not the case unless they have delivered to the wrong address. Given its the weekend and their customer service lines don't open until Monday, I am unable to contact DX about any proof of delivery.

What are my options in this scenario?

1. Wait till Monday to contact DX and ask for proof of delivery to wrong address or confirm that they will re-attempt delivery and then contact the HMPO accordingly.

2. Contact the HMPO tomorrow/Sunday so that they can be involved and issue a new passport if needed and report the other one as lost.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I had a similar experience, where I was initially informed that my delivery would be next day which was a Saturday. I later checked and saw that it was updated to Monday. That gave me the impression that they don't deliver on Saturdays.
I guess you just have to wait till Monday and give them a call.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

usernameg
Newly Registered
India

Post by usernameg » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:24 pm

Thank you - it was exactly like you suggested. They did deliver on Monday even though their tracking website was showing delivery on Saturday.