ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Recently Married - Query Surrounding Spouses Stamp 4 Rights

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

BluesClues
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Marriage to non-EU/EEA (non-visa-required) spouse in Ireland

Post by BluesClues » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:32 pm

Hi Everyone,

I hope I've come to the right place :D as I am in search of some guidance/clarification.

I am due to get married to my non-EU/EEA fiance who does did NOT require a visa to come to Ireland as a tourist but does require permission to reside in the state for more than 90 days.

My fiance has been here as a student throughout 2019 (we've known each other for years previously) although in 2019 we got engaged and will be married in the coming days in Dublin.

I have two queries about what steps we should take next after we get married and are officially a married couple.

- Online I've seen many different scenarios as to what people have done after they've got married abroad. We however will be marrying in Dublin, and I am curious as to what procedures we should follow once we are officially married? As my fiance has already been here legally as a student should we need to go into the Immigration Office/INIS to show our marriage documentation so my fiance (soon-to-be) spouse can be documented? Or is this done online? I've seen conflicting information online. My fiance has already been in the country throughout 2019 and did not arrive here on a short-stay visa to get married. She has been here on a student-visa which recently expired.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

kupuser
Ireland

Re: Marriage to non-EU/EEA (non-visa-required) spouse in Ireland

Post by kupuser » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:39 pm

As your EU spouse is studying (full-time?) she needs to have private medical insurance (and for you too).
You will need to fill in and send EU treaty rights form to INIS (I think EU1 form) along with all relevant documents (proof of residence, bills, leases, bank statements, tax records and others etc.). Once a decision arrives then you will go to the registration office.
I'd recommend applying through a solicitor.

BluesClues
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by BluesClues » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:27 pm

Hi Kupuser

Many thanks for the response and guidance points.

My EU Spouse is indeed in Ireland and studying full-time (student visa) I will have a look at the information points you outlined and many thanks again for posting.

My query was essentially once we are married (in Ireland) are we simply to book an appointment with INIS to show our details/documents etc, and seek a change in her visa from student to spouse?

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:36 pm

Oh sorry :| . I think I misread your post earlier and thought your spouse was an EU citizen.

Once you get married both of you should visit the GNIB office with all relevant documents;

Original marriage/civil partnership certificate
Original passport of both
Evidence of your joint address

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:43 pm

BluesClues wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:27 pm
Hi Kupuser

Many thanks for the response and guidance points.

My EU Spouse is indeed in Ireland and studying full-time (student visa) I will have a look at the information points you outlined and many thanks again for posting.

My query was essentially once we are married (in Ireland) are we simply to book an appointment with INIS to show our details/documents etc, and seek a change in her visa from student to spouse?
A visa allows a person to enter a country. You are talking about a residence permission, and you don't just walk in and change a residence permission from student to spouse. You can go to GNIB and seek a temporary stamp while you apply properly, but that's all. She hasn't applied for residency as a spouse and may not qualify for residency as a spouse. Do you earn enough to qualify to sponsor a spouse? Check the INIS guideline. It's amazing how many people marry without understanding one basic fact: Marriage to an Irish national does not confer an automatic right of residence in the State.

BluesClues
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Recently Married - Query Surrounding Spouses Stamp 4 Rights

Post by BluesClues » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:20 am

Hi Guys

I am seeking any help or guidance surrounding the current status of my wife and I.

I am Irish Born Citizen and have just married my long term girlfriend who is a non EA/EEA (NON Visa Required) student here in Ireland.

Now we've already been married (in Ireland) and sought to update her immigration status with INIS in Dublin.

However due to the predicament with the INIS appointment system we could not get an appointment until late February 2020. We have been trying for quite some time. Eventually we succeeded and landed an appointment for a few weeks time. My spouses (student) visa expired in December. Due to the the massive backlog with INIS scheduling throughout late 2019 we were not able to see an immigration officer in time i.e. before her visa expired (we wanted to signify our intention to get married).

So we have since gotten married, (her visa just expired) but from our understanding she is entitled to 90 days in the country as a tourist. My question is now that we have an appointment with INIS (and all relevant documentation) when we see the immigration officer and she is proclaimed as my wife will see receive permission to stay in Ireland, and a Stamp? As my spouse is still in Ireland and has not left the country.

Any help would be great

BluesClues
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Recently Married - Query Surrounding Spouses Stamp 4 Rights

Post by BluesClues » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:24 am

Apologies Moderators, i believe i've found my question answered in another thread