ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I have a chance to get British Citizenship?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

LainaS2
Newly Registered
Poland

Do I have a chance to get British Citizenship?

Post by LainaS2 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:24 am

Hi, please help me.

I'm from Poland, but I moved to UK when I was 9 and went to school here. I finished 6th form in June 2015, then I got job in august 2015 and worked there until december 2015. I was jobless until may 2017 and worked there until august 2017. Then I moved to Poland and came back and started work in november 2018 and I've been still working there. I want to apply for british citizenship but I worry about the time I was jobless because I wasn't signed up in jobcenter or have any proof I was here (I live with parents). Will I get refused even if I'm living here since young years?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Do I have a chance to get British Citizenship?

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:28 am

Do you have a document certifying permanent residence or Settled Status granted under Appendix EU??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:43 pm

You probably acquired PR while you were at school. You will have clocked up the 5 years residence for the settlement scheme while you were at school. Since you left school, there have been no gaps of 2 years or more, so your only problem should be to prove that you were resident while you were at school.

castorp
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by castorp » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:35 pm

Trying to get EU settlement status should be a good start, as it is relatively easy and free. After one year, you can apply for the UK citizenship.