ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa for NON-EU with EU Sponsor

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pentaya
India

Schengen visa for NON-EU with EU Sponsor

Post by pentaya » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:28 pm

Hi There,

My missus is on UK ILR where I'm a British Citizen. As we travel frequently to EU on tourism, I'm looking for any longer (more than year, if possible up to 5 years) term tourist visa for her.
I can try booking some advance tickets and produce to the embassies but not sure if it really helps. I see France is the only country which grants lengthier span of visas and not sure if it is still the same.

One of my cousin (not related to her) is a Dutch citizen and wonder if he can help us (by sponsoring) to get a longer validity Schengen for her as its been a big nuisance running around embassies every time after the visa expiry.
I saw some rules are changing from 02nd Feb and wonder how these affect the length of span? She has been to EU for around 7 times in the last 7 years as a tourist.
Basically, the whole idea is to get a lengthier span of visa at one go. We both are in really good jobs and can show solid savings.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Schengen visa for NON-EU with EU Sponsor

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:58 pm

Why not apply for British citizenship for your spouse?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:03 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:58 pm
She would like to remain on ILR due to personal reasons.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:58 pm
Wonder if there is any way please :)

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:21 pm

I was looking for similar information for a friend of mine:

https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en_US/web/ ... -stay-visa

France seems to have a Long Stay Visa that lasts from 90 day to 1 year with a limit of no more than 90 days stay within 180 days.

Sometimes they call it "Visa Type D". I have seen it on some passports and it allows travel within Schengen area for up to 90 days in total (not 90 days within 180 days).

If you have savings and want to go often to France/EU, you can try that route. Normally, as long as they see the money and consistent travel history, it should work.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:00 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:21 pm
I was looking for similar information for a friend of mine:

https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en_US/web/ ... -stay-visa

France seems to have a Long Stay Visa that lasts from 90 day to 1 year with a limit of no more than 90 days stay within 180 days.

Sometimes they call it "Visa Type D". I have seen it on some passports and it allows travel within Schengen area for up to 90 days in total (not 90 days within 180 days).

If you have savings and want to go often to France/EU, you can try that route. Normally, as long as they see the money and consistent travel history, it should work.
Thanks for the info. We did the same thing last month but received only 2 weeks of visa (applied standard tourist visa) from France (no other bookings included) which is so weird.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:17 pm

Perhaps they are factoring in Brexit on 31st January.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:34 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:17 pm
Perhaps they are factoring in Brexit on 31st January.
I agree if its EU Dependant but she applied for normal Schengen Tourist visa just like any other non-eu people by submitting all her payslips, documents, return trip details and paid the fee.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:19 pm

Basically, my simple question is can my missus get a Schengen visa (longer than 6 months or upto 5yrs) if a friend of ours sponsor her who is a Dutch citizen.

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by ibwe » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:31 pm

pentaya wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:19 pm
Basically, my simple question is can my missus get a Schengen visa (longer than 6 months or upto 5yrs) if a friend of ours sponsor her who is a Dutch citizen.
Theoretically she can. However there are number of factors that need to be considered. The usual are employment, insurance, country of origin, financial capacity, itinerary, which member state are you applying to, EU/EEA family member etc. Some people just get the longer multiple entry visas without hassles others don't. There is no formula to tweak the Schengen visa lengthy as it is at the discretion of country that issues it.

Having said that, it won't hurt if you ask for a lengthy visa. After gathering all the documents needed, write a cover letter like this one used officially by Germany embassy in China.

When you give the reasons, try to think along these lines: The applicant must prove that he or she is 'forced' by the circumstances to travel frequently to Schengen area. Here, things like the family connections (relatives) of the spouse might be considered. Also having a vacation home or a frequent vacation spots can be a valid reason. Even a preference to be in the Schengen area during vacations might be a good reason.

In my experience, France and Greece has been quite reasonable in giving 6 months, 1 year to 3 years multiple entry visas.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:45 pm

ibwe wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:31 pm
pentaya wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:19 pm
Theoretically she can. However there are number of factors that need to be considered. The usual are employment, insurance, country of origin, financial capacity, itinerary, which member state are you applying to, EU/EEA family member etc. Some people just get the longer multiple entry visas without hassles others don't. There is no formula to tweak the Schengen visa lengthy as it is at the discretion of country that issues it.

Having said that, it won't hurt if you ask for a lengthy visa. After gathering all the documents needed, write a cover letter like this one used officially by Germany embassy in China.

When you give the reasons, try to think along these lines: The applicant must prove that he or she is 'forced' by the circumstances to travel frequently to Schengen area. Here, things like the family connections (relatives) of the spouse might be considered. Also having a vacation home or a frequent vacation spots can be a valid reason. Even a preference to be in the Schengen area during vacations might be a good reason.

In my experience, France and Greece has been quite reasonable in giving 6 months, 1 year to 3 years multiple entry visas.
Thanks.