ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mteja

Citizenship Ceremony

Post by mteja » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:00 am

Hi all,

I will be booking Citizenship Ceremony on Monday, my question/s:_
1) Do i pay for booking this Ceremony? If yes do i pay when making the booking ceremony ie over the
phone?
2) After the ceremony, certificate granted - do i fill in another online application for British Passport
online? And are referees signature needed? And how much is it for the application?

I appreciate your answers
togetherness as one

Love_GB
Mood:

Re: Citizenship Ceremony

Post by Love_GB » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:23 am

mteja wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:00 am
Hi all,

I will be booking Citizenship Ceremony on Monday, my question/s:_
1) Do i pay for booking this Ceremony? If yes do i pay when making the booking ceremony ie over the
phone?
2) After the ceremony, certificate granted - do i fill in another online application for British Passport
online? And are referees signature needed? And how much is it for the application?

I appreciate your answers

Hi Mteja,
If you are booking a private ceremony you can pay over the phone, if you are with a group ceremony, it has been already included on your citizenship application fees,
After obtaining your certificate of naturalisation, you can apply for a British Passport either online or by paper, a referee is needed to endorse your photo and sign the application ( I am talking here about the paper application )
Hope this has helped

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:03 am

Passport application (online) is about £75 - just one referee needed.
https://www.gov.uk/apply-renew-passport
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... a-passport
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mteja

Post by mteja » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:43 pm

Hi
Thank you both for responding.

@Love_GB I think i will apply online - if doing it online, how will my referees countersign?

By any chance does anyone know which process is quicker between online and paperwork?
togetherness as one

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:09 pm

@Love_GB I think i will apply online - if doing it online, how will my referees countersign?
They get an email to confirm your identity etc.
By any chance does anyone know which process is quicker between online and paperwork?
Makes no difference,both about the same timeframe
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:57 pm

mteja wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:43 pm
Hi
Thank you both for responding.

I did mine using the paper format without using the post office service, filled in the form and it was in reasonable time nearly 3 weeks considering the Christmas and new year holidays