ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (LR) Date of Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SJ3072018
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

ILR - which route? 2.5 years, 7years or 10 years

Post by SJ3072018 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:36 am

My wife has been in the UK from Feb 2010. She came over when I was in student visa, since then I switched to PSW and Tier 1, and got my ILR in 2015 (under 10yrs long residence) and became British citizen in 2016. My wife currently have "Spouse/Partner Leave to Remain" visa granted in Feb 2018 which will expire in August 2020.
My question is whether she can apply for ILR in Feb 2020, under 10yrs long residence in the UK. or she should apply for ILR under 2.5yrs spouse visa category in July 2020? or is she already eligible to apply for ILR under 7years scheme as a parent of a child (our son was born in 2011 in the UK, he became British citizen in 2015 after I got my ILR).
Her case is fairly straigt forward (I'd like to think so!) because she never spent more than 3-4weeks outside the UK in any given year and no issues such as overstay, crime etc.
Could someone let me know which is the best route for my wife to apply for her ILR?
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR - which route? 2.5 years, 7years or 10 years

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:47 am

My question is whether she can apply for ILR in Feb 2020, under 10yrs long residence in the UK
yes, if she meets all the requirements.
or she should apply for ILR under 2.5yrs spouse visa category in July 2020?

How would she qualify for ILR in July 2020 if she only got her most recent spouse visa in 2018???
or is she already eligible to apply for ILR under 7years scheme as a parent of a child (our son was born in 2011 in the UK, he became British citizen in 2015 after I got my ILR).
There is NO such '7 year route' ILR for a parent of a British child. Not sure where you got this information, but there is no such route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SJ3072018
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Re: ILR - which route? 2.5 years, 7years or 10 years

Post by SJ3072018 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:50 pm

Thanks for the responses.

SJ3072018
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

ILR Long residence online application

Post by SJ3072018 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:45 am

My wife is eligible to apply for ILR under 10yrs long residence scheme. She came to the UK on 25th Feb 2010, and hence she can apply after 28th Jan 2020. My question is what documents she need to submit in the online application? Does she need scan and upload them online or the online application is just booking an appointment. Please clarify.
Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Long residence online application

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:41 pm

SJ3072018 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:45 am
My wife is eligible to apply for ILR under 10yrs long residence scheme. She came to the UK on 25th Feb 2010, and hence she can apply after 28th Jan 2020. My question is what documents she need to submit in the online application? Does she need scan and upload them online or the online application is just booking an appointment. Please clarify.
Thanks.
She needs all her passports, LIUK and English language evidence
She books it on the UKVCAS system and also needs to upload the scans before the appointment. Take the originals to the appointment for re-scan if necessary
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

SJ3072018
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by SJ3072018 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:17 pm

Thanks for the responses.

When applying online, I'm stuck in the place where you need to "chose a service". I can only see one option which is Standard service : pay 2408.20 GBP but I wanted to choose premium service to get the decision sooner.
I logged out and in, and tried a few times; but only the standard service option is there. Can someone please help guide me. thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:53 am

Priority service may not be offered due to high demand. Try after midnight
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

SJ3072018
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by SJ3072018 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:13 am

Thank you.

I'm not sure I am in the right place of the application process to choose the premium service. Because I tried after mid-night and still there is only one option which is standard service. Can somebody help me please.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:53 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:53 am
Priority service may not be offered due to high demand. Try after midnight

SJ3072018
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

SET (LR) Priority service

Post by SJ3072018 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:16 am

I found "Standard Service" and "Super Priority Service" for SET (LR) application. Obviously there is an additional £800 for "SUPER priority service" which should give decision in 2 days.
Is there a "Priority Service" for SET (LR) applicants?
Did anyone apply for this service and how long it took?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET (LR) Priority service

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:59 am

SJ3072018 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:16 am
I found "Standard Service" and "Super Priority Service" for SET (LR) application. Obviously there is an additional £800 for "SUPER priority service" which should give decision in 2 days.
Is there a "Priority Service" for SET (LR) applicants?
Did anyone apply for this service and how long it took?
For long residence, you have super priority or standard service only. Super priority will show IF there is availability.

Priority is usually for PBS route applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SJ3072018
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

ILR (LR) Date of Application

Post by SJ3072018 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:27 am

Can somebody please clarify the date of application for me.

I applied for my wife's ILR super priority service on 14th January. She completes her 10 years on 25th February and I booked the appoinment on 31st January (within 28 days). I am now confused that somebody said the date of appointment is not that they count. Is that true?

If that is the case, I seemed to have applied two weeks earlier. Am I going to loose all the money here?

Konzo1
Tuvalu

Re: ILR (LR) Date of Application

Post by Konzo1 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:26 am

SJ3072018
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by SJ3072018 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:45 am

Thank you so much.

I thought super priority service is one day application and hence that is the date of application. I made sure that date is within 28 days from completing 10 years. But never thought the date you make the payment is your application date. Because you are not really completing the application when you make the payment (concent form is printed and submitted only on the day of appointment and you are not sending any evidence documents. so, it can be argued how come that is the date of application), it is really confusing why they consider the date you make the payment as the date of application.

Anyway, I don't want to argue on UKVI policies. But at the same time, I don't want to loose money just because of this deceptive and murky policy on date of application.

I guess other people have experienced this before. If you are one of them, please share your experience and the outcome of the application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:10 am

UKCVAS appointment is NOT an appointment with the Home Office and HO caseworkers. UKCVAS is only a third party agent to do identity check and biometrics.

Since online forms were introduced a few years ago, it has ALWAYS been the case that date of application is the date you submit and pay online, as clearly stated in the HO guidances. Nothing 'deceptive' or 'murky' about it. It is very clearly stated.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SJ3072018
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by SJ3072018 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:43 am

Thank you and really appreciate your response.
As I am not an expert in immigration matters and I don't follow the UKVI policy changes regularly, I seemed to have overlooked that specific part in the guidelines.
In "one day service", I assumed the day you attend the appointment and handover your documents is the "application date". I now understand that is not the case.

Do you think the application will be refused because the "application date" was more than 28 days earlier of completing 10 years, even though the "appointment date" of super priority service is within 28days of the qualifying period?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:46 am

SJ3072018 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:43 am
Thank you and really appreciate your response.
As I am not an expert in immigration matters and I don't follow the UKVI policy changes regularly, I seemed to have overlooked that specific part in the guidelines.
In "one day service", I assumed the day you attend the appointment and handover your documents is the "application date". I now understand that is not the case.

Do you think the application will be refused because the "application date" was more than 28 days earlier of completing 10 years, even though the "appointment date" of super priority service is within 28days of the qualifying period?
1. The 'one day service' refers specifically to the previous Premium Service Centres (closed since Nov 2018), which was an appointment with UKVI and a caseworker directly. UKCVAS is not the same.

2. Unlikely as long as she qualifies on the day HO makes a decision and it is within the specified 28 day period.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SJ3072018
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by SJ3072018 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:02 pm

Thank you for your reply and I admit that it is just me who got confused by the application date.

You say "it is unlikely" that the application will be refused. She fulfill all the requirements (English, Life in the UK, continous residency etc) and her appointment date is within 28 days of completing 10years. So, fingers crossed. But I am nervous that we paid around £3300 in total for this.
If anyone has experienced similar situation, please share the outcome of your application that would reassure and would give peace of mind to me and my wife.

SJ3072018
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by SJ3072018 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:11 am

My wife's ILR (LR) super priority appointment is tomorrow (31/01/2020) morning in Croydon.

Though 31/01/2020 falls within 28days of completing 10yrs in the country, we completed the online application on 14/01/2020 which is 2 weeks too earlier than qualifying period (we thought about the appoinment day only, not the day we filled the online application). So, we are still nervous but one moderator reassured this shouldn't be a problem. Fingers crossed!
Whatever the outcome we will post it here for benefit of others.

I have some questions before we attend the appointment tomorrow.

we are now uploading documents; we are wondering if we need to scan and upload the "family consent" form after we sign it?
I've uploaded scan copies as per the document checklist:
My wife's old passport, new passport, BRP, English language certificate, Life in the UK certificate, application confirmation, appointment letter, my british passport, kid's british passports, kid's full birth certificates (born in the UK), 2yrs bank statements, utility bills, marriage certificate.
I presume we need to take all the originals to the appointment tomorrow?
Is there anything else we need prepare or to take with us?
Can we expect to get the decision tomorrow? or would it be on Monday?
(My wife's application is not complicated, always renewed her visas on time, only 3 short trips outside the UK in 10 years)

Thank you.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:11 pm

ALL documents must be scanned and uploaded. Take all originals with you. You should get an answer by Monday.

SJ3072018
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by SJ3072018 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:12 pm

Many thanks to the moderators and the members who replied.

I just received an email saying "I’m pleased to confirm that your application for leave has now been granted. You will receive your decision letter and biometric residence permit (BRP) in due course and these will confirm your immigration status. Thank you for using our super priority service."
why does it say "leave" for ILR? I guess this is standard text.

Because our super priority appointment was on Friday at 9am, I had to wait another two more days to get this respose. But it was all good news at the end, particularly after I erroneously applied too early (i.e. I completed the application and made payment 42days before completing 10years), but the appointment for super priority service was within 28days of completing 10years.

As someone reassured me that this shouldn't be a problem, he was right!!!