ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist visa for younger brother

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Aditya7890
Newly Registered
India

Tourist visa for younger brother

Post by Aditya7890 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:51 pm

Hi All,

I wish to invite my family to visit me in the UK. My parents have all the nesesaary documents.

My younger brother completed his graduation and looking for a job in my home country. He will be visiting me for a month or two in the UK. For his visitor visa, what documents are needed for a successful application?

From the government website, I got to know that a person needs employer letter (if employed) or college letter ( if studying) but my query is - what if a person has completed education & haven’t got a job yet.

Apologies if this is not the right category.

Thank a in advance!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Tourist visa for younger brother

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:09 pm

Hello

I don't recommend you apply for a visa for him at the moment.

Young, no job, is a red flag and the risk of refusal is very high.

If he is refused, next time he applies again, his application will be seen unfavourably even if the Home Office claims that each application is evaluated under its own merits.

He should wait until he gets a job, holds it for a while then apply.

Aditya7890
Newly Registered
India

Post by Aditya7890 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:24 pm

Thanks Zerubbabel for your response!

Is there any time limit to wait before apply? E.g. 6 months in the new job etc.

And once he gets a job, being a new employee doesn’t pay that well so is there any money limit for such applicants?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:47 am

You are welcome :)

It's not an exact science. It's about maximising the odds in your favour.

I have seen people with 10 years at the same job, excellent travel history... but declined a visitor visa just like that. There is always a risk of refusal when you apply for a visitor visa no mater what.

The younger is the applicant, the shorter the job is held... the risk of refusal becomes higher. You don't want to get a refusal really. You have to risk it at one point, but make sure the risk is really minimal.

You have to be careful about the mentality of "I try now, if I get a refusal, I will try next year, or next month...". It doesn't work like that. Once somebody gets a refusal for a visitor visa, further applications are nearly always refused. If they put "not genuine visitor on a refusal", which they do very often, it means the person won't be accepted in the future.

So you have to manage the risk really knowing that it's not an exact science. It's a balancing act really.

Aditya7890
Newly Registered
India

Post by Aditya7890 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:02 pm

I see your point. It’s better to wait for sometime than to risk it.

Thanks Zerubbabel.