ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME SETTLE STATUS PROCESSING TIME - PAPER APPLN LOUNES CASE

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sgohel
Newly Registered

EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME SETTLE STATUS PROCESSING TIME - PAPER APPLN LOUNES CASE

Post by Sgohel » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:32 am

Hi,
Does anyone know how long it takes to process application for Settle Status applied using paper application form under Lounes Case. The applicant is a non -eea national and has received the COA by Post in 1st week of January 2020. There is no further communication from Home Office after. The EU resolution team has responded stating to wait for caseworker decision or caseworker will contact you incase if more information is desired. We are just concerned as all information and evidences has been provided and there is neither query from HO nor decision, it should not take too long to process this.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME SETTLE STATUS PROCESSING TIME - PAPER APPLN LOUNES CASE

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:10 pm

Hello

It takes a few months usually. No one can be more accurate than that. It depends on many factors and there is no specific SLA or target from the Home Office.

These Lounes are not frequent neither to get a clear baseline. There have been a few in this forum and usually within a few months, they get a decision.

Sgohel
Newly Registered

Re: EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME SETTLE STATUS PROCESSING TIME - PAPER APPLN LOUNES CASE

Post by Sgohel » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:35 am

Thanks for replying, basically there is no query so far from HO and comprehensive information and evidences was provided alongwith the application hence i am unable to understand why it should take more time. The 5 year EEA residence permit expires in March so are they suppose to make a decision before that or not as we have to do some traveling out of UK in coming months.

Sgohel
Newly Registered

Post by Sgohel » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:02 pm

It is already 4 months and there is no decision on my wife's application for Settle Status, the EU settlement center only comes with one reply i.e. is to wait for decision and the case is under consideration. This is completely ridiculous as i gave comprehensive information and substantial evidences right at the beginning of application and there is no query or information demanded from Home office, the NIN records, residency period are all available clearly with DWP and HMRC. I do not understand why my wife's application is unnecessary being delayed. The worst and ridiculous approach from Home Office and discriminatory.
 ! Message from: Sgohel
 ! Message from: Sgohel
Can someone please advise:
  • If there is any legal remedy available or any complaint mechanism to expedite the decision making for EU Settle Status.
      Is it possible to apply for EEA -PR application whilst the Settle Status application is pending for decision, the EEA PR applications are decided within 6 months

mihcis
    Newly Registered

Post by mihcis » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:05 pm

We are waiting for a similar application since October 2019. Still heard nothing from the HO, the application is presumably still in the queue. Nearly 5 months since the CoA.

Sgohel
    Newly Registered

Post by Sgohel » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:23 pm

Hi Mihcis,
    I got my EEA PR and British Citizenship within 45days. It is very shocking to see such a long delay for EU SETTLE STATUS APPLICATIONS. The Home Office is ruthless and not following the government policy at all which has promised to timely grant legitimate EU citizens and their family members settle status. I am trying to see if there is any legal remedy but cannot find anything. Is there any solution to end this delay? This delay is causing lot of distress and inconvenience to us. Can we write to EU commission or there a committee or ombudsman within EC so that they can contact the UK government and put pressure on them and Home office to expedite this kind of cases.

mihcis
    Newly Registered

Post by mihcis » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:13 am

Sgohel wrote:
    Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:23 pm
    Hi Mihcis,
    I got my EEA PR and British Citizenship within 45days. It is very shocking to see such a long delay for EU SETTLE STATUS APPLICATIONS. The Home Office is ruthless and not following the government policy at all which has promised to timely grant legitimate EU citizens and their family members settle status. I am trying to see if there is any legal remedy but cannot find anything. Is there any solution to end this delay? This delay is causing lot of distress and inconvenience to us. Can we write to EU commission or there a committee or ombudsman within EC so that they can contact the UK government and put pressure on them and Home office to expedite this kind of cases.
    I wish I knew. I am just a regular person myself. As I understand it, these applications take a long time to be processed because they are paper applications. But there was no way to make a Lounes application electronically. These are very rare cases and the govt did not bother to create an electronic process for them.

Next week it will be exactly 6 months since the CoA and we still haven't heard anything from the Home Office. No doubt the COVID/lockdown has had an impact as well.

Sgohel
    Newly Registered

Post by Sgohel » Fri May 15, 2020 8:33 am

Hi Mihcis,
    Did you get the Settle Status or any positive communication from Home Office, let me know once you get the Settle Status.

mihcis
    Newly Registered

Post by mihcis » Fri May 15, 2020 12:14 pm

Hi Shogel,
    Heard nothing yet. Six and a half months since the CoA now and counting...
    Will let you know once we get it or hear anything.

mihcis
    Newly Registered

Post by mihcis » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:42 am

Sgohel wrote:
    Fri May 15, 2020 8:33 am
    Hi Mihcis,
    Did you get the Settle Status or any positive communication from Home Office, let me know once you get the Settle Status.
    Received a letter today (06 June) with a successful decision. Letter was dated 28 May. CoA was dated 31 October last year, so basically this took 7 months.

jsonrose
    Newly Registered
    Costa Rica

Post by jsonrose » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:22 am

hello

Was that COA with the work permit ?

thanks

MaxLondon
    Newly Registered

Post by MaxLondon » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:51 am

Timelines for my wife's Lounes application:

Application sent 10/03/2020
    Biometrics taken 23/03/2020
    Coa recevied 8/04/2020
    Pre-settled status approved 8/10/2020
    BRP received 13/10/2020 (too bad that there is an error on it!)

so 7 months in total.