ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC online application process, please help!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

starlin

Apply for British Citizenship

Post by starlin » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:30 am

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas break and happy new year! :D

I would be very appreciated if you can help me with the questions below:

1. The time I can apply for British Citizenship, 07 October 2019 or 11th April 2020?

The letter stated:
Based on the information you provided with your application, the date on which you are deemed to have acquired permanent residence in the UK is 07 October 2018.
My PR card:
11th April 2019 until 11th April 2029.

2. If I only can apply on 11th April 2020, I am currently pregnant, very possible that I will be on maternity leave in April. Does it count still working condition in the employment section?

Thank you for your patient reading my post! <3

Ifycamilla

Re: Apply for British Citizenship

Post by Ifycamilla » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:59 am

starlin wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:30 am
Hi Everyone,

1. The time I can apply for British Citizenship, 07 October 2019 or 11th April 2020?

The letter stated:
Based on the information you provided with your application, the date on which you are deemed to have acquired permanent residence in the UK is 07 October 2018.
My PR card:

2. If I only can apply on 11th April 2020, I am currently pregnant, very possible that I will be on maternity leave in April. Does it count still working condition in the employment section?

To enable forum members give you the best of their opinions, try provide more informations like, date of your first application for residency to PR..

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:03 am

starlin wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:30 am
Hi Everyone,

You can apply now as you have already completed a year with PR. Date on card is only validity period of card. Include the letter with your application.
The letter stated:
My PR card:

Not an issue as you can apply now.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:05 am

To enable forum members give you the best of their opinions, try provide more informations like, date of your first application for residency to PR..
OP has already provided sufficient information.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Ifycamilla

Post by Ifycamilla » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:41 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:05 am
OP has already provided sufficient information.
I concur,

starlin

Post by starlin » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:08 pm

Hi, Ifycamilla and alterhase58,

Thank you so much for replying!

I don't have the letter and PR card with me right now. I will post photos later on tonight. So hopefully, it's enough information for you two to help me.

It bothers me so much, I don't really know what to do for the applying time and there is nowhere mention online for this confusion I have.

Thanks again!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:13 pm

starlin wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:08 pm
Hi, Ifycamilla and alterhase58,

Thank you so much for replying!

I don't have the letter and PR card with me right now. I will post photos later on tonight. So hopefully, it's enough information for you two to help me.

It bothers me so much, I don't really know what to do for the applying time and there is nowhere mention online for this confusion I have.

Thanks again!
What do you mean 'applying time'?? It is very clearly mentioned that you must have held PR for 12 months from date you attained it (not the PR card date), so you could have applied in October already.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

starlin

Post by starlin » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:28 pm

To CR001,

Really?! So I have wasted all my time after 7th October 2019 then! :oops:

Thanks!

starlin

BC online application process, please help!

Post by starlin » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:25 pm

Hi All,

I just passed LIfe in the UK test on 25/1, this Saturday! Please let me know if you want some tips and links with Life in the UK, PM me. :D

Back to my BC application, before doing so. I really want to know from your experiences with the online application progress! (I tried to search in the forum, this is no straight answer to them.)

1. How long am I able to edit the form? A week or no limited time? Do I need to pay the fee during editing or when submitting?
£1,330 is not a small amount, would really want to know before enter apply.

2. Two referees, I have got my teacher friend to agree to sign, can I get form AN(page 19-21) to let her sign or how this online referee works?
Another referee, I haven't asked...

3. All scanned supporting documents, how does it work? during the process or after? What format is accepted, PDF, JPG, etc?
I am planning to do it myself, I will need to pre-scanned, I know it will be a lot.

To be honest, I am a bit scared to make any mistake with the online form. :?

You all helped me a lot! And I wish to help some in the future!
Thank you for your patient reading my post!

starlin

Re: BC online application process, please help!

Post by starlin » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:41 am

Hi,

I just found out that's merged to my previous post, that makes sense.

So if you have used online application, can you help me?

Many many thanks! :)

starlin

Post by starlin » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:33 am

Hi All, it seems everyone is busy and my question is too basic!

I decided to go ahead applying online and see what happens next. :)

1. How long am I able to edit the form? A week or no limited time? Do I need to pay the fee during editing or when submitting?

The process online is like this:

1.Start
2. Application
3. Documents
4. Declaration
5. Pay
6. Further actions

The timeframe:

You must return to your application within 10 weeks, or it will be deleted to protect your privacy.

So the payment must be when you have filled all information then. :D
£1,330!

2. Two referees, I have got my teacher friend to agree to sign, can I get form AN(page 19-21) to let her sign or how this online referee works?

At the moment, I stuck here, I need her information to keep going. I hope I won't bring her more trouble so I will ask her at once, print the referee form and ask the online information at the same time, so she can fill up and sign.

I gonna use this one, I hope this is the right one.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

3. All scanned supporting documents, how does it work? during the process or after? What format is accepted, PDF, JPG, etc?

Still don't know, but should be fine.

Hope you got answers if you are confused like me. :mrgreen:

starlin

First Referee question

Post by starlin » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:04 pm

Hi All,

Please, I desperately need your help. My friend who is a teacher, she said she only can be a referee to my child. (I am pregnant but no child, only apply for myself) Is that true? I listed her as my first referee.

The reason she said this is when she signed the declaration form and see these text.

Where the applicant is a child applying, one referee should be a professional who
has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health
visitor, social worker or minister of religion.

For an adult application, one referee should be a person of any nationality who has
professional standing, eg minister of religion, civil servant, or a member of a
professional body e.g. accountant or solicitor
(who is not representing you with this
application).

I showed her the list from here, she still insisted she only can be a referee for a child.
https://www.gov.im/media/624353/listofreferees.pdf

What exactly the first referee can be? Does it must be
1.professional standing, eg minister of religion, civil servant,
or
2.a member of a professional body e.g. accountant or solicitor (who is not representing you with this
application).

I am so confused by her and don't know what to believe. Please help.

Thank you all!

starlin

Post by starlin » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:11 pm

In her understanding, the first referee must be professional standing, eg minister of religion, civil servant, or a member of a professional body e.g. accountant or solicitor (who is not representing you with this
application). Not other jobs on the list. Is that correct?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:38 pm

Refer to page 25 where "teacher" is listed:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf
The wording on the forms is general so it should not be read as definitive/exclusive,it's just giving suggestions.
The document is actually Home Office case worker guidance so she shouldn't have an issue with being a referee for an adult, if she has known your for three years.

starlin

Post by starlin » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:20 pm

Hi, alterhase58,

Thank you for your reply, I thought so too. However, she is kind of insisted I should find a lawyer or accountant to sign because of the wording on that declaration form...

Can I ask you one more question? My boss is the director of the company. (director, manager or personnel officer of a VAT registered company), he agreed to be my referee and knows me for 4 years already, can I move him to be my first referee? And find my second referee to be a British who knows me for three years and over 25 years old and doesn't need to be a professional person? Are these statements right?

I read on others post:
"You only need ONE professional referee of any nationality. The other referee just be over 25 and British and does not have to be a professional."

The declaration form is: For all applications, the second referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.

I might ask her to be my second referee if she is still afraid of the wording on the declaration form...

Thank you in advance!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:35 pm

That's the best way forward, and find another person to be referee if it's still a problem.

starlin

Post by starlin » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:49 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:35 pm
That's the best way forward, and find another person to be referee if it's still a problem.
Agreed, thank you for your kindness to answer me! ^^

starlin

Follow up BC application ongoing

Post by starlin » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:10 am

Hi there,

I thought I would share my experience here to you all if you have searched and can't find an answer.

I have sorted out my two referees declaration and signed. So I printed the whole application and check. Ticking one by one, then I found my national ID number is wrong! typo mistake. Went back to the online form and fixed that. Suggested you print it out and double-check!

Although I have put my questions related to the date and referees and got all the answers. I have considered the possibility to be wrong so I searched online and find this site because I don't know any lawyers. So I paid £5 for a 7 days trial. [url]weblink removed by moderator[/url] Once I got my answers, I have cancelled my membership, otherwise, it's £40/month!

How it works: send the questions out and a qualified Solicitor will answer my questions with my attachment file based on my information also offers me a phone call(Forgot the price) or Review formal or court document(£59) with an extra cost which I turned down and wait online for he/her to answer.

Two answers I got! I am satisfied actually. :D worths my fiver. Just make sure you cancel the membership.

1. you qualified to apply for citizenship from 07 October 2019. So you can apply now.
2. Director of a limited company yes can be a referee. The other referee needs to be a British citizen and above 25 years of age so they will qualify too. Just make sure they both are of good character because the Hone Office will check if they have any convictions.

About UKVI appointment, I am so confused about booking. I don't think it's fair with all the prices and I am not clear with how the price will get me and a lot of time sluts are unavailable. For some reason, still puzzling to me, I have no idea, I booked in London Premium Lounge(Mark Lane ESP Sopra Steria, 20 Mark Lane London EC3R 7AF) with Standard appointment(£69.99) and go for SMS service(£1.99), there is no option to add other extra services. I would be ok to pay document check, can't find this option. At least this is the time I want, 19/02/2010.

Support documents, I spent about 3-4 hours scanning all my document with 300 DPI setting, because there is the limitation, you must follow them.

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/sopr ... as/FAQ.pdf
3.2. How should I prepare my documents to self-upload?
Please upload documents in PDF (preferred), JPG or PNG format. The file name should be simple e.g. bank-statement-Apr-2018.pdf. Do not upload files with file names containing special characters, #, ë, or bank.statement.apr.2018.pdf. Please do not upload any password-protected documents as the caseworker will be unable to open them.

Documents uploaded to the UKVCAS website must have a file size no larger than 6MB. To minimise the file size we recommend scanning in black and white or greyscale and not in colour. It is also helpful to keep the resolution between 150 dpi (dots per inch) to 300 dpi.

I use this site to make my PDF smaller than 6MB, 150 dpi with colour :)
https://pdfresizer.com/resize

This is the list I uploaded in total, I am a non-EEA family member PR holder.
  • 1st-Referee-Declaration
  • 2nd-Referee-Declaration
  • 2014-2020 council tax-HMRC-NHS-water-contract
  • 2014-2020 employers letter-P60s-pay slips
  • Home officer letter-date PR-plus 12months
  • Marriage certificate-Registrar
  • Master degree certificate+transcript
  • passport-2006-2016
  • passport-2014-2024
  • UK permanent residence card
My timeline:
Applied Life in the UK Test: 04/01/2020
Passed Life in the UK Test: 25/01/2020
UK visa application: 29/01/2020
Two referees signed declaration form: 06/02/2020
Asked online Solicitor: 09/02/2020
Fee paid-1349.20 GBP: 10/02/2020
UKVCAS account created: 10/02/2020
UKVI Appointment booked £69.99, SMS service £1.99: 10/02/2020
Home Office application received an email: 11/02/2020
Uploading all my scanned documents: 15/02/2020
UKVI Appointment Date: 19/02/2020 waiting

I hope my process is smooth and wish everyone good luck as well. :D

starlin

Post by starlin » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:22 am

Forgot to mention, for unknown reason, I can't use Chrome browser to get Registration Access Code, it's just not working! :? I use Firefox browser and succeed. 8) My machine is Mac mini for your reference.

After that, I only use Firefox for UKVCAS site to sign in.
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/home

kg_1218

Post by kg_1218 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:28 am

Thanks Starlin, very helpful info.

You mentioned "Master degree certificate+transcript", could you clarify what is the transcript? is it from Naric to prove english requirment? Where did you complete your masters?

starlin

Post by starlin » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:45 am

kg_1218 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:28 am
Thanks Starlin, very helpful info.

You mentioned "Master degree certificate+transcript", could you clarify what is the transcript? is it from Naric to prove english requirment? Where did you complete your masters?
Thanks! I hope I can help others as many others helped me.

Transcript: it states all the course I have taken in my study, this is not necessary to upload as I only need degree certificate. But personally, I would give HO all the evidence I have.

I got my degree in the UK so I qualified as below:
You can prove your knowledge of English by having a degree that was taught or researched in English.
If your degree is from a UK university, you only need your degree certificate.

I guess you referred to this page below, sorry, I don't know much about this though, hope you find your answers!

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/degrees-in-english

If your degree is not from a UK university you’ll need:
  • a copy of your degree certificate
If your degree is from a non-majority English-speaking country you’ll also need an English Language Proficiency Statement (ELPS) from UK NARIC(https://www.naric.org.uk/visas%20and%20nationality/) confirming the degree was taught in English.

If you’ve lost your certificate or you’re waiting for graduation(I uploaded both my certificate and transcript, it's just for my own peace of mind)
You must have proof that you’ve passed your degree. This can be either:
  • an official transcript with your name, the name of the institution, your degree and confirmation of the award
  • an official letter from your university confirming it cannot reissue your certificate or when it will be issued
Your letter must include:
  • your name
  • your degree
  • the date the degree was or will be awarded

starlin

UKVCAS appointment experience

Post by starlin » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:01 pm

The day before I had this text(I paid for SMS service): Your UKVCAS appointment for 1 is tomorrow at 15:00: Mark Lane ESP Sopra Steria, 20 Mark Lane London EC3R 7AF

I arrived at about 2:40 pm for 3 pm meeting, the place is not difficult to find and there is a reception to check your appointment paper and passport also give you a paper has a number.

My number was 450, it was quite a lot of people waiting, we could sit on sofa chairs, quite cosy. Then they were calling numbers by the staff, there is another reception that staff goes to get the next number (I wonder why don’t they get the machine calling system? So their staff doesn’t need to literally walk to reception and ask for the next number? Should it be like press a button then machine announces the next available desk to go to? Like casher number?) However, staff greet me when my number was called, I guess I might hear 435 something at the beginning, so the time is quite accurate, I was called about 3:06 pm, it only took 10 minutes about in my case, 10 fingerprints, photos, signature and scanned my passport including stamps.

I got a text later on the same day: Your information has now been submitted to UKVI.
Please contact UKVI direct on 0300 123 2241 if you have any queries.
Thank you for using the UKVCAS service.

Ok then, waiting time again...

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:48 pm

Good luck - sure it will work out.
Please update the board when you have news.

starlin

Post by starlin » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:07 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:48 pm
Good luck - sure it will work out.
Please update the board when you have news.
Thank you! alterhase58 :) I gonna put on "February 2020 Naturalisation TIMELINES ONLY", this post to update my process.

Wish everyone good luck :)