ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Question --- any help appreciated

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nasir59
Newly Registered
Mood:

Spouse Visa Question --- any help appreciated

Post by Nasir59 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:01 pm

Hello :),
i have recently submited my documents to solictor to prepare the form and apply for my spouse visa,
i am living in uk and i have 5 Years Refugee status and i am sponsoring my Wife , i have couple of questions which i am confused about .
1.The solictor is filling the form FLR(M) for my spouse visa application , is this the correct form ??
even though the solictor said it is , but after googling , appreantly this form is for people to extend thier spouse visa who are already in uk, but in my case i am in uk and i want to bring my wife from afghanistan (will apply from pakistan) for the first time, do you think its the correct form?

2.My second question is : my wife nationality is Afghan, and currently she is in pakistan with pakistan visa which is due to expire in two months , we will be applying from islamabad pakistan within few weeks, so my question is that since the uk spouse application takes about 6-12 weeks, my wife visa will expire while the passport would be with the British embassy,as she has to submit the passport when apply, so what you think ? how can we tackle this issue?
if the proccess takes longer, her pakistan visa will expire and she will become illegal in pakistan, is there any other option which you dont have to submit the passport??? iam confused :shock:

please let me know
Many thanks

Casa

Re: Spouse Visa Question --- any help appreciated

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:43 pm

Nasir59 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:01 pm
Hello :),
i have recently submited my documents to solictor to prepare the form and apply for my spouse visa,
i am living in uk and i have 5 Years Refugee status and i am sponsoring my Wife , i have couple of questions which i am confused about .
1.The solictor is filling the form FLR(M) for my spouse visa application , is this the correct form ??
even though the solictor said it is , but after googling , appreantly this form is for people to extend thier spouse visa who are already in uk, but in my case i am in uk and i want to bring my wife from afghanistan (will apply from pakistan) for the first time, do you think its the correct form? You are correct that a FLR(M) application can't be submitted from outside of the UK. You need to apply for a Spouse Settlement visa.

https://www.gov.uk/settlement-refugee-o ... ly-reunion

2.My second question is : my wife nationality is Afghan, and currently she is in pakistan with pakistan visa which is due to expire in two months , we will be applying from islamabad pakistan within few weeks, so my question is that since the uk spouse application takes about 6-12 weeks, my wife visa will expire while the passport would be with the British embassy,as she has to submit the passport when apply, so what you think ? how can we tackle this issue?
if the proccess takes longer, her pakistan visa will expire and she will become illegal in pakistan, is there any other option which you dont have to submit the passport??? iam confused :shock:

If your spouse submits a Premium application (for an additional fee), she will be able to retain her passport while the application is being processed.

please let me know
Many thanks
It may be wise to seek advice from a solicitor more qualified in the UK Immigration Rules. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Nasir59
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Nasir59 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:11 pm

Thanks for the Answers.

Last time I checked with solicitor they said I should be using FLR(m) to apply from UK to bring my wife from back home .
I am confused ...need to ring him again :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:17 pm

He is wrong and clearly confused. FLR m is ONLY for a spouse visa holder already IN the UK and applying IN the UK to extend their spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Klarae
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Klarae » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:33 pm

FLR means Further Leave to Remain. The name says it all. It is used to apply to extend stay in the UK as a partner or dependent child

Nasir59
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Nasir59 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:42 pm

Thanks guys ,
I am so furious already :(,I am paying 1500 for this and they already started with trying to fill the wrong form ( FLR (m)

I am going to Thier office tomorrow to discuss this .

Do you know the name or number of the form that is used for spouse application ?? So I can reference it to them ..

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:23 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.