ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Acknowledgement letter received 5 months after applying

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Elmaco
Newly Registered
Ireland

Acknowledgement letter received 5 months after applying

Post by Elmaco » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:58 pm

Applied On: 27/05/2019
Application received On: 28/05/2019
Acknowledgement :27/10/2019

Is this a normal period of time for application to be process / Acknowledge?

I'm seeing that most of the other application has been received and processed withing 2-3 weeks and mine was only Acknowledged 5 months after it was received.

Is there anything I can do to try and ask to expedite the process as I feel that all this time was wasted.

TIA for any advice / input.

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Re: Acknowledgement letter received 5 months after applying

Post by Finepaddy » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:03 am

U know people are waiting from 2016 and 2017 without any reason ?
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen:

joker
Ireland

Post by joker » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:17 am

Oh there's a reason alright just don't expect them to explain it

ibsp
Newly Registered

Post by ibsp » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:17 am

Last year most people were waiting for months between application and acknowledgement - far longer than in previous years. Recently, though, times to acknowledgement have come down.

Poster markem has done some very nice work going through the timeline threads to see how long people are typically waiting:
markem wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:37 pm
How long does it take to get an application number? This year [i.e. 2019] the process seems to have changed. Passports are getting returned almost immediately, but application acknowledgement (and a reference number) are taking much longer to issue
I waited three months between applying in August and getting an acknowledgement in November. I was then expecting to have to wait a good few months more for approval, and was surprised when it came through just six weeks later.

Elmaco
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Elmaco » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:30 am

ibsp wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:17 am
Last year most people were waiting for months between application and acknowledgement - far longer than in previous years. Recently, though, times to acknowledgement have come down.

Poster markem has done some very nice work going through the timeline threads to see how long people are typically waiting:
markem wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:37 pm
How long does it take to get an application number? This year [i.e. 2019] the process seems to have changed. Passports are getting returned almost immediately, but application acknowledgement (and a reference number) are taking much longer to issue
I waited three months between applying in August and getting an acknowledgement in November. I was then expecting to have to wait a good few months more for approval, and was surprised when it came through just six weeks later.
Thank you for the information, it's very helpful.

Elmaco
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Elmaco » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:33 am

Finepaddy wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:03 am
I know and I read few of the posts relating to it and still doesn't mean I cannot ask about my issue.

katielloydmcmahon
Ireland

Post by katielloydmcmahon » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:05 am

Elmaco wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:33 am
Finepaddy wrote:
I know and I read few of the posts relating to it and still doesn't mean I cannot ask about my issue.
Seems like there isn't really an issue at all to be honest. You had a much shorter waiting time than most others recently, so whats the issue?

Elmaco
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Elmaco » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:57 am

katielloydmcmahon wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:05 am
Elmaco wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:33 am
Finepaddy wrote:
Seems like there isn't really an issue at all to be honest. You had a much shorter waiting time than most others recently, so whats the issue?
Not sure what you base your statement that my waiting time period is shorter than most.

There is an issue if I need to wait for Acknowledgement letter for 5 months.
Acknowledgement letter means that the office got my application and it was registered. Nothing else.
It's not that my application was approved or that I moved to stage 2.

From what I saw in other threads people got their Acknowledgement letter within 2-3 weeks.

katielloydmcmahon
Ireland

Post by katielloydmcmahon » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:21 pm

It's well known there is a large backlog.

I applied in April 2019. I got an acknowledgement and my passport returned in May, but only because I hounded them as I needed my passport. I didn't get a receipt for the €250 until October time and I never received a reference number. The next letter was 22nd Jan this year with my approval.

My point is, there are well known backlogs, people don't seem to get the same sequence of letters. It's all a bit hit and miss. If you want to ask why it took so long, send them an email. I'm just saying I don't think it's cause for concern.

Elmaco
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Elmaco » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:25 pm

katielloydmcmahon wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:21 pm
It's well known there is a large backlog.

I applied in April 2019. I got an acknowledgement and my passport returned in May, but only because I hounded them as I needed my passport. I didn't get a receipt for the €250 until October time and I never received a reference number. The next letter was 22nd Jan this year with my approval.

My point is, there are well known backlogs, people don't seem to get the same sequence of letters. It's all a bit hit and miss. If you want to ask why it took so long, send them an email. I'm just saying I don't think it's cause for concern.
Tnx for you reply.
I guess this is how this things works with the INIS and it's each to his own luck.
I do not understand why there is no clear timeframe or even a website where you can see the stage your application is.

I know from a fact that other countries do provide a website and that takes the stress of from applicants and the office.

katielloydmcmahon
Ireland

Post by katielloydmcmahon » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:29 pm

I know it's frustrating. I was expecting to get letters to say I'd reached a certain stage or what my ref number was and I didn't get anything like that. They must just be so swamped that things are just falling to the wayside.