ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor returning to the UK with applicant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

andrea05
Newly Registered

Accomodation and evidence

Post by andrea05 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:24 pm

Hi,

I would like to ask a few questions regarding supporting documents for the spouse visa.

1. We have managed to secure a rental property as part of the accommodation requirement, however the property will be a new build so our agent told us that on the tenancy contract and no objection letter they will have to put a sentence "move in date ( ___ ) subject to completion ". They did tell us that the building will complete as scheduled but they still need to including those wording in the contract and the letter. Should we still proceed with renting this property as I am concerned if ECO will question this at all?

2. In terms of relationship evidence, we have lived together for a few years and the letters I managed to keep are employment contract, payslips with address on it, HM Revenue tax refund letter, P60, are these letters ok to submit as proof of living together?

3. In terms of WhatsApp history, I gather the text files downloading from whatsapp won't be taken seriously as I read that screenshots are more of a legitimate proof. The way I organise these screenshots is by taking 1 screenshot for each week, so 4 screenshots for 1 month, etc. Is this enough? or should i do 8 screenshots for each month?

4. I've prepared a word document listing 40 photos and captions, although there was a year of photographs/whatspp history missing due to loss of phone. Will this be a problem? If so, what other ways to prove for this missing period? Would an explanation within cover letter be sufficient?

Thank you for reading and hope to get some advice. Thanks.

Jaune08
Mexico

Re: Accomodation and evidence

Post by Jaune08 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:43 pm

andrea05 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:24 pm
1. We have managed to secure a rental property as part of the accommodation requirement, however the property will be a new build so our agent told us that on the tenancy contract and no objection letter they will have to put a sentence "move in date ( ___ ) subject to completion ". They did tell us that the building will complete as scheduled but they still need to including those wording in the contract and the letter. Should we still proceed with renting this property as I am concerned if ECO will question this at all?
From your post, I assume your spouse is living in the UK under another visa. I don't think renting a property in a new building should be a problem, however I am unsure if it's worth it to declare that you have a back up plan (i.e., living with your parents) if the moving day gets delayed for whatever reason (since the date, as you've said, it's subject to completion on site and it isn't fixed), where would you live in the meantime if the construction hasn't finished yet?

andrea05 wrote:
2. In terms of relationship evidence, we have lived together for a few years and the letters I managed to keep are employment contract, payslips with address on it, HM Revenue tax refund letter, P60, are these letters ok to submit as proof of living together?
For a first application of the spouse visa, you don't need to demonstrate cohabitation, but if you wish you can include some letters. However, I strongly recommend you not to include any P60 or payslips as part of relationship evidence to avoid any confusion, since the ECO may take this paperwork as an incomplete financial evidence. I can recall a case in this forum where that happened.

3. In terms of WhatsApp history, I gather the text files downloading from whatsapp won't be taken seriously as I read that screenshots are more of a legitimate proof. The way I organise these screenshots is by taking 1 screenshot for each week, so 4 screenshots for 1 month, etc. Is this enough? or should i do 8 screenshots for each month?
Not at all. For my application, I've used the extract of whatsapp conversation rather than screenshots and it was fine, it was accepted. I've selected some pieces of conversation with 3-4 month gap and it was fine.

4. I've prepared a word document listing 40 photos and captions, although there was a year of photographs/whatspp history missing due to loss of phone. Will this be a problem? If so, what other ways to prove for this missing period? Would an explanation within cover letter be sufficient?
I suggest you not to worry a lot about that, unless the missing photos are wedding ones. If you're missing photos from a period, you can either extend the gap of your photo timeline or simply state at the end of your photobook, that some photos are missing since the phone was lost. There's no need to write a cover letter for that.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:28 pm

andrea05 wrote:

Most of us must never ever heard that a tenancy agreement without a date has been signed where even the accomodation is not yet completed. Also On 20 March 2019 a new law came into force to make sure that rented houses and flats are ‘fit for human habitation’, which means that they are safe, complete, healthy and free from things that could cause serious harm.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

andrea05
Newly Registered

Post by andrea05 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:47 pm

Thank you both for the advice. We have managed to rent from another property as I agree new build is probably not a good idea in this situation.

A few more questions below:

1. Can our agent write the no objection letter on behalf of landlord? Also is it correct that we only need to submit a tenancy contract (in sponsor’s name) and a no objection letter from the agent? I suppose these two things will be sufficient for the accommodation proof? Do we need to submit the floor plan or pictures of the flat?

2. While going through all the supporting documents, I thought it might be best to use a highlighter pen highlighting the important bits, for example salary amount reflecting on bank statements. Is it acceptable to use a highlighter for supporting documents?

3. Is it still necessary to submit handwritten appendix 2 financial requirement form?

4. I wanted to make sure I understand the 28 day rule correctly - is it 28 calendar days or 28 working days? And does this rule apply from the date I submit my online visa application?
The documents we have prepared to be within 28 day rule are: latest bank statement, payslip, employer letter confirming employment and salary. Am I missing anything else?

Thanks in advance!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:58 pm

andrea05 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:47 pm
Thank you both for the advice. We have managed to rent from another property as I agree new build is probably not a good idea in this situation.

A few more questions below:

1. Can our agent write the no objection letter on behalf of landlord? Also is it correct that we only need to submit a tenancy contract (in sponsor’s name) and a no objection letter from the agent? I suppose these two things will be sufficient for the accommodation proof? Do we need to submit the floor plan or pictures of the flat?

2. While going through all the supporting documents, I thought it might be best to use a highlighter pen highlighting the important bits, for example salary amount reflecting on bank statements. Is it acceptable to use a highlighter for supporting documents?

3. Is it still necessary to submit handwritten appendix 2 financial requirement form?

4. I wanted to make sure I understand the 28 day rule correctly - is it 28 calendar days or 28 working days? And does this rule apply from the date I submit my online visa application?
The documents we have prepared to be within 28 day rule are: latest bank statement, payslip, employer letter confirming employment and salary. Am I missing anything else?

Thanks in advance!
1. Yes. An estate agent managing that property can issue both (tenancy agree & noc letter)

2. Don't do it as caseworker can see it.

3. There are mixed opinions. Better to include It just in case.

4. 28 calender days from the date of online submission of application. Try to keep your estate agent's noc letter within 28 days as well.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

andrea05
Newly Registered

Sponsor returning to the UK with applicant

Post by andrea05 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:24 am

Hello,

I would like to know if sponsor has been working abroad for more than 6 months (above £18600) and has a job offer in the UK (above £18600) starting within 3 months,

- Is it correct we will be relying on Category A which means we will submit 6 months of payslips in foreign currency, a job offer in the uk, and 6 months of bank statements in foreign currency?

- Do we have to do anything to convert the foreign currency to GBP on these documents? My understanding is that ECO will use the Oanda website themselves to convert the currency once they start reviewing our case?

Also regarding travel itineraries, we have printed out a lot of flights confirmation and hotel bookings with both of names. However we just realised some of the dates of these trips weren't stamped on our passports. Will this be an issue? Will flight & hotel confirmation be sufficient?

Thanks a lot!

andrea05
Newly Registered

Re: Sponsor returning to the UK with applicant

Post by andrea05 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:48 pm

Hi,

Can anyone shed some light on the above questions? Thanks!

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:20 am

andrea05 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:24 am
- Is it correct we will be relying on Category A which means we will submit 6 months of payslips in foreign currency, a job offer in the uk, and 6 months of bank statements in foreign currency?
Yes, you will also need a letter from your current employer confirming:
(i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

See the specified evidence section of the guidance document linked below from page 37. Also note the requirements relating to translation of any specified documents not in English/Welsh.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf
andrea05 wrote:
- Do we have to do anything to convert the foreign currency to GBP on these documents? My understanding is that ECO will use the Oanda website themselves to convert the currency once they start reviewing our case?
No need to do any conversions yourself, it will be done as you have noted based on the conversion rate at the date of application.
andrea05 wrote:
Also regarding travel itineraries, we have printed out a lot of flights confirmation and hotel bookings with both of names. However we just realised some of the dates of these trips weren't stamped on our passports. Will this be an issue? Will flight & hotel confirmation be sufficient?
There are no specific requirements for this. The test for a genuine and subsisting relationship looks at the circumstances of the case as a whole based on all available evidence.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

andrea05
Newly Registered

Post by andrea05 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:29 am

Thank you geoeng for the responses.

Some other questions regarding travel history on the online application. For some reason the online application only allows me to fill in 2 recent visits within the EU, though I have selected 6 or more times travelling to the EU within 10 years. I just wanted to double check if this is the case for everyone else?

However, It seems to ask for all world travel history, my understanding is as long as I've filled in all travel stamps from my passports within the past ten years, it should be fine? There are some other travels that weren't stamped, should I include those dates also? Or just stick to what was documented within the passports?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

andrea05
Newly Registered

Post by andrea05 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:31 pm

Hello all,

I'd be grateful if anyone can help with the below questions.

-For some reason the online application only allows me to fill in 2 recent visits within the EU, though I have selected 6 or more times travelling to the EU within 10 years. I just wanted to double check if this is the case for everyone else?

- For the world travel history, I think there's a limit to the answers you can fill in also. My understanding is as long as I've filled in all travel stamps from my passports within the past ten years, it should be fine? There are some other travels that weren't stamped, should I include those dates also? Or just stick to what was documented within the passports?

- How many old passports should I submit copies of? passports within 10 years or all the previous passports that i've ever had?

- I came across an article mentioning VAF4A form, do I have to submit this? The only form apart from the online application form i will submit is Appendix 2.

- Does sponsor need to submit birth certificate?

- Does sponsor only need to submit copy of current passport or all the previous passport?

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:25 pm

For some reason the online application only allows me to fill in 2 recent visits within the EU, though I have selected 6 or more times travelling to the EU within 10 years. I just wanted to double check if this is the case for everyone else?
Was the same for my mum's visit visa application. I assume they are not interested in all Schengen history.
- How many old passports should I submit copies of? passports within 10 years or all the previous passports that i've ever had?
I think I only submitted current passport, but I was applying for a different type of visa
- I came across an article mentioning VAF4A form, do I have to submit this? The only form apart from the online application form i will submit is Appendix 2.
As per this forum, better to do it. It seems to be redundant now, but nowhere it is explained officially.
- Does sponsor need to submit birth certificate?
No
- Does sponsor only need to submit copy of current passport or all the previous passport?
Only current unless you want to show travel history to you\somewhere together and want to rely on stamps

andrea05
Newly Registered

Post by andrea05 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:56 pm

Thank you iwolga for the prompt response.

Regarding the VAF4A form, I just read on gov website "Family settlement application form VAF4A (for North Korea only)", so I guess it's not required as I'm not from North Korea?

Thanks in advance.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:15 pm

andrea05 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:56 pm
Thank you iwolga for the prompt response.

Regarding the VAF4A form, I just read on gov website "Family settlement application form VAF4A (for North Korea only)", so I guess it's not required as I'm not from North Korea?

Thanks in advance.

andrea05
Newly Registered

Post by andrea05 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:21 am

Thanks for the above replies.

Hoping someone can shed some light:

I am planning to submit my online application on 11th Feb (in order to make sure all the financial documents are within 28 day rule), however, I can only go to the visa centre and scan my supporting documents/ provide biometric info after 2 weeks which will be 25th Feb. Is this going to be an issue with my application? Is there a rule that supporting documents have to be submitted within a certain time period after I submit the online application?

If I paid for priority service, does 30 day working day timeframe starts from the date I submit my online application or the date I scan my supporting documents?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:46 pm

andrea05 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:21 am
Thanks for the above replies.

Hoping someone can shed some light:

I am planning to submit my online application on 11th Feb (in order to make sure all the financial documents are within 28 day rule), however, I can only go to the visa centre and scan my supporting documents/ provide biometric info after 2 weeks which will be 25th Feb. Is this going to be an issue with my application?
No issue.
Is there a rule that supporting documents have to be submitted within a certain time period after I submit the online application?
It is usually prior to or at the biometrics appointment. In a few cases, it can be after that.
If I paid for priority service, does 30 day working day timeframe starts from the date I submit my online application or the date I scan my supporting documents?
Usually counted from the date of the biometrics.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."