ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good character and cancelled PCN

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alex32
Newly Registered
Italy

Good character and cancelled PCN

Post by Alex32 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:42 am

Hi,

I'm applying for British Citizenship and I'm not entirely sure if cancelled Penalty Charge Notices should be listed in the "Your criminal or civil offences" section.

In particular I received:

a) "Dartford Charge PCN" with the offer to cancel it if I paid the toll charge within 14 days.
b) 2 separate parking PCNs which were cancelled after I wrote to the relevant councils and explain the circumstances.

Do I need to add them to the "Your criminal or civil offences" section?

Lastly I recently received :cry: a Ultra Low Emission Zone (Ulez) fine which I paid immediately and disposed of the letter so I don't recall the exact dates.

How one should handle the listing of fines if one does not have the exact details.

Many thanks

Alex

Amber
Mood:

Re: Good character and cancelled PCN

Post by Amber » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:32 am

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:48 pm

Alex32 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:42 am
Hi,

I'm applying for British Citizenship and I'm not entirely sure if cancelled Penalty Charge Notices should be listed in the "Your criminal or civil offences" section.

In particular I received:

a) "Dartford Charge PCN" with the offer to cancel it if I paid the toll charge within 14 days.
b) 2 separate parking PCNs which were cancelled after I wrote to the relevant councils and explain the circumstances.

Do I need to add them to the "Your criminal or civil offences" section?

Lastly I recently received :cry: a Ultra Low Emission Zone (Ulez) fine which I paid immediately and disposed of the letter so I don't recall the exact dates.

How one should handle the listing of fines if one does not have the exact details.

Many thanks

Alex
None of these fines is relevant to the application.So you will be fine .Not mentioning them is better as they don't count into criminal offences or civil penalties.Goodluck.

Alex32
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Alex32 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:42 am

Hi London22

Thanks for your reply.

If I understand correctly, the cancelled PCN don't count but the Ulez fine will count towards criminal offences or civil penalties.

Am I right?

Many Thanks

Giuseppe