ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Only mother’s visa when I am on ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

NP2429
Newly Registered

Only mother’s visa when I am on ILR

Post by NP2429 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:52 am

Hi,

I recently got my ILR. I am planning to invite my mother alone to visit me. Due to my father’s work he will not be joining her for this trip. My mother is housewife. I am planning to sponsor her. Also was Please help me know what all documents are required for my mom to apply for visa:
-My bank statements
-payslips
-company letter
-invitation letter for my mom
-Landlord letter to confirm she is okay to live with me

Unfortunately my parents dont have marriage certificate. What is the alternative?

I am also thinking to apply for 2 year visitor visa. Is it possible or will it rejected?

Thank you so much for help in advance :)
Nidhi

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Only mother’s visa when I am on ILR

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:31 am

This is not needed. But add a couple of utility bills or proof of address (Gas, electricity, landline, council tax... etc).

2 years it's too long for a first application. Aim for a 6-month visa which is already difficult.

It's essential to show strong attachment to her home country. If no marriage certificate, try to prove the relationship otherwise such as using birth certificate of their kids or anything similar.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Re: Only mother’s visa when I am on ILR

Post by Route to ILR » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:07 pm

NP2429 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:52 am
Hi,

I recently got my ILR. I am planning to invite my mother alone to visit me. Due to my father’s work he will not be joining her for this trip. My mother is housewife. I am planning to sponsor her. Also was Please help me know what all documents are required for my mom to apply for visa:
-My bank statements
-payslips
-company letter
-invitation letter for my mom

Unfortunately my parents dont have marriage certificate. What is the alternative?

I am also thinking to apply for 2 year visitor visa. Is it possible or will it rejected?

Thank you so much for help in advance :)
Nidhi
Hi

Its not that easy as u think. Do your research before applying. Better to apply first time with correct documents and information.

Very very hard to get visit visa these days because of years of abuse of this visa route.

What is your country of Origin??
If she is applying alone than marriage certifcate is must. Better to apply for both of them. If your father can't come than its fine. But better to apply for both of them.

First time u can only apply for 6 months visa. BUT BUT do not say in the application form that she will stay for 6 months. Your visa will be refused straight away. 4 to 6 weeks r ok. As it shows she has some commitment back home like family, husband, business.