ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to renew Indian passport without Aadhaar Number?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

maxInUK
Newly Registered

How to renew Indian passport without Aadhaar Number?

Post by maxInUK » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:04 pm

I've been resident in the UK for over 20 years and don't have an Aadhaar number.

My Indian passport expired 18 months ago. I need to get it renewed (or "re-issued" to be more accurate). I'm based in London.

But I'm stuck at the very first step - at the application form: https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/On ... lyPassport

It asks for "Aadhaar Number (if available)"

Yes, it says if available.

But if you do not provide an Aadhaar number, it will not allow you to proceed. If you click the next button a red warning comes up to say, "Invalid Value for Aadhaar Number"

Any suggestions for how to proceed to the next screen without an Aadhaar number?

srsw

Re: How to renew Indian passport without Aadhaar Number?

Post by srsw » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:49 pm

I've filled my kid's passport reissue form recently and could leave that field blank and continue.

Try to put "Not Applicable" and see.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

maxInUK
Newly Registered

Re: How to renew Indian passport without Aadhaar Number?

Post by maxInUK » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:39 am

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, I've worked it out now. Rather unintuitively one needs to tick the "I do not agree" box in order to proceed without an Aadhaar number. :lol:

Just thought I'd post this reply in case anyone else gets stumped by the Aadhaar issue.