ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS debt refusal reapplication ( Urgent Please)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MamaDa4
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

NHS debt refusal reapplication ( Urgent Please)

Post by MamaDa4 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:28 pm

Hello

Please I need advice as I am paying for my ignorance and I need to get all the right information this time. I had a tier 4 visa in 2013/2014, I had a baby and unfortunately, my baby died and was buried in the UK. 6 months after I was done with schooling and I was already in my home country I was invited by my school to come to receive an award on behalf of the school as my research was submitted for a competition. I was pregnant again and I had a visit visa, I obliged the invitation and went to the UK to receive the award, I suddenly fell in labor and this time I had my baby who is alive and well. All I was asked in the hospital was for my NHS number nobody told me I had to pay for any services, I was discharged after delivery and I left.

Now I applied for a visit visa to go visit my baby grave and I have just been refused on the grounds that I owe the NHS, I never knew I was charged, I was never contacted. With all, I have been reading I know I have to pay for this charge, please can I apply for a visa after paying this debt? what are my chances that I will be given a visa?

I look forward to your responses, I am so so sad if only I knew what I know now :cry: :cry:

Regards

MamaD

vinny

Re: NHS debt refusal reapplication ( Urgent Please)

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:07 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

MamaDa4
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by MamaDa4 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:10 pm

Thank you for your response

I have gotten in touch with the NHS Trust and i have paid up my debt. Do you have an idea when I can reapply to go visit my baby's gravesite? is there any chance I will be given a visa?

If I am to apply again for a UK Visa, do you have any advice for me concerning my application? I need all the information I can get so I don't make a mistake again like the last time.

Regards MamaD

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:50 pm

Hi Mama,

Your story is sad, and I do hope you are successful in your application. My advice and I am no lawyer, is that you need to demonstrate you have the ability to support yourself during the stay, funds that have been in your account for some time and hopefully growing, so show lots of bank statements.

Show you have a reason to go home, so will your baby be staying with the father/ parents/ relatives, if so tell them this and show birth certificate etc. Also maybe a job, and holiday given, and obviously your previous travel history shows you have not overstayed.

Also, explain clearly how the situation came about and the reason for your trip to the UK previously and why you want to come now. This shows good character. Obviously show you have paid the debt you suddenly found you had.

Hope these points help.

I am not well placed to say if you will succeed, but wish you all the luck.

THO.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:22 pm

Hello

I am sorry for this :(

If you tell me which cemetery your kid buried, I can try to get you some HD photos when I am around.

Other than that, I say it for the interest of the people visiting this forum, with the NHS:

- Never assume that a treatment is free. Even if the specific core treatment you receive is free or covered by some insurance, it may contain other things that are billable (extra-night, ambulance transport, investigations, analysis, images/x-rays, lab fees, prescription fees, medication...). That can easily generate an invoice that become outstanding once you leave. As a patient, you will never know if/when extra fees are triggered.

- Never assume that the medical staff is aware about these billing questions and issues. They treat whoever is in the ward but they don't do accounting. This is done by Admins who work in the back-office and you don't normally see them.

So if you are just discharged by a doctor and wished well, you can't assume that all is clear and you don't have anything to pay. You have to chase and make sure that the bill, if any, is paid.

The good thing is that you paid now. The bad thing is that you paid only when the Home Office refused the visa.

You can try to apply again with a cover letter + a proof that you settled the bill and hope for the best. Add a good insurance on top of that to reassure them that it won't happen again.

MamaDa4
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by MamaDa4 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:39 pm

Thank you so much for your responses.

I will do well to adhere to your advice. And thank you Zerubbabel for offering to assist me with taking pictures, a friend of mine has already done that for me. I am so scared of trying to apply again, but I will have to.

Kind Regards

MamaDa4

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:11 am

Do let us know how it works out. Good luck.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:05 pm

MamaDa4 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:39 pm
Thank you so much for your responses.

I will do well to adhere to your advice. And thank you Zerubbabel for offering to assist me with taking pictures, a friend of mine has already done that for me. I am so scared of trying to apply again, but I will have to.

Kind Regards

MamaDa4
Happy you got them.

All the best for your new application. Hope it works.

Please do let us know the outcome.