ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence card as a family member of a EEA document questions

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

apavlo
Newly Registered
Cyprus

Residence card as a family member of a EEA document questions

Post by apavlo » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:31 pm

Hello everyone,

I am an EEA (Cyprus) national student (PhD candidate at UK uni) and my wife is Mexican (currently a PhD candidate at UK uni with a tier 4 student visa). We are applying for the residence card as a family member of an EEA in order for her to be able to work more than the 20 hour limit/per week on her current tier 4 visa. I have two questions about the application

1) Section 16.9 - A = When filling in the sponsor's finances (me) how do I complete the table. I am a part-time consultant at a company and also have been recently awarded a governmental grant (a partnership grant between industry and my uni). What do I write in 'Type of financial resource' and would these resources count as mine ('My sponsor' box) or do they go on the 'Other relative (not in the UK), friend or other person' box?

2) What exactly do I write on the statement of intent that I have not come to live permanently in the UK? Could you please provide me with a template example? Also, would this statement affect my future application for EU settlement status?

Thank you!

lisa193
Newly Registered

Re: Residence card as a family member of a EEA document questions

Post by lisa193 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:23 pm

apavlo wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:31 pm
Hello everyone,

I am an EEA (Cyprus) national student (PhD candidate at UK uni) and my wife is Mexican (currently a PhD candidate at UK uni with a tier 4 student visa). We are applying for the residence card as a family member of an EEA in order for her to be able to work more than the 20 hour limit/per week on her current tier 4 visa. I have two questions about the application

1) Section 16.9 - A = When filling in the sponsor's finances (me) how do I complete the table. I am a part-time consultant at a company and also have been recently awarded a governmental grant (a partnership grant between industry and my uni). What do I write in 'Type of financial resource' and would these resources count as mine ('My sponsor' box) or do they go on the 'Other relative (not in the UK), friend or other person' box?

2) What exactly do I write on the statement of intent that I have not come to live permanently in the UK? Could you please provide me with a template example? Also, would this statement affect my future application for EU settlement status?

Thank you!
Why won't you apply for the Settlement scheme directly? I was in a similar situation and it is much less hassle.

apavlo
Newly Registered
Cyprus

Re: Residence card as a family member of a EEA document questions

Post by apavlo » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:03 pm

Oh my god you are a life saver. Thank you! I thought settlement was only for me and not my wife for after brexit happens.