ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse visa extension "bank statements" not original

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Masoud123
Newly Registered

Supporting letters for Spouse visa extension

Post by Masoud123 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:27 am

Hi there,

We are about to apply for spouse visa extension for my wife. Upon asking my employers for a letter which shows my salary and length of employment, they asked to whom (including the address) the letter should be addressed to? I do not know which department of UK visa and immigration and what address to provide. can you please advice? I am also asking my Landlord to provide a supporting letter which showed the accomodation where we reside is adequte. He too is asking for the above mentioned information.

Casa

Re: Supporting letters for Spouse visa extension

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:39 am

Address both letters to: To Whom it May Concern
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Masoud123
Newly Registered

Post by Masoud123 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:43 am

Thank you. Yes, "To whom it may concern" whoever, to which address and department? I read somewhere that documents are no longer to be send to sheffield address.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:06 pm

A FLR(M) application is now made online and all documents scanned and uploaded to the UKCAS portal before your spouse books their biometeric appointment.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-flrm
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Masoud123
Newly Registered

Post by Masoud123 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:16 pm

Thank you again, but My employers will not provide me with a letter unless I give them the full address of UK visa department where the letter will be presented to, whether scanned at the centre or posted. My employers need to address the letter to that relevent visa department on top of the letter, although they will be posting it to myself.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:29 pm

Masoud123 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:16 pm
Thank you again, but My employers will not provide me with a letter unless I give them the full address of UK visa department where the letter will be presented to, whether scanned at the centre or posted. My employers need to address the letter to that relevent visa department on top of the letter, although they will be posting it to myself.
Yes a lot of employers don't issue the letter without the name of addressee & its address. In my opinion address it to UKVI and give the same previous ukvi address where in past the documents used to be sent. By doing so nothing will be affected as nothing actually will be sent there.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

UtterlyBrilliant
San Marino

Post by UtterlyBrilliant » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:49 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:06 pm
A FLR(M) application is now made online and all documents scanned and uploaded to the UKCAS portal before your spouse books their biometeric appointment.

Is this definitive? Specifically the bit about "uploading to the UKCAS portal BEFORE the biometric appointment"?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:54 pm

UtterlyBrilliant wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:49 pm
Casa wrote:

Is this definitive? Specifically the bit about "uploading to the UKCAS portal BEFORE the biometric appointment"?
Yes. Anything uploaded after the biometric appointment won't be considered.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UtterlyBrilliant
San Marino

Post by UtterlyBrilliant » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:54 pm
UtterlyBrilliant wrote:
Casa wrote:

On page 2 of this sub-forum, there is a thread (immigration-for-family-members/vfs-cann ... 96195.html) where it is suggested docs can still be uploaded as additional documents.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:33 pm

UtterlyBrilliant wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:30 pm
CR001 wrote:
UtterlyBrilliant wrote:
Casa wrote:

On page 2 of this sub-forum, there is a thread (immigration-for-family-members/vfs-cann ... 96195.html) where it is suggested docs can still be uploaded as additional documents.
The link you post is for an application outside the UK.

This topic that you have tagged your question into is for a FLR m visa extension within the UK, for which my advice and that already given is correct.

It is important to note the actual topic circumstances when tagging a question on.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UtterlyBrilliant
San Marino

Post by UtterlyBrilliant » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:33 pm
UtterlyBrilliant wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:30 pm
CR001 wrote:
UtterlyBrilliant wrote:

The link you post is for an application outside the UK.

This topic that you have tagged your question into is for a FLR m visa extension within the UK, for which my advice and that already given is correct.

It is important to note the actual topic circumstances when tagging a question on.
Indeed. Thanks.

Masoud123
Newly Registered

Post by Masoud123 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:42 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:29 pm
Masoud123 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:16 pm
Yes a lot of employers don't issue the letter without the name of addressee & its address. In my opinion address it to UKVI and give the same previous ukvi address where in past the documents used to be sent. By doing so nothing will be affected as nothing actually will be sent there.
Thank you for your reassuring reply. We are also asking the landlord to provide a supporting letter. Can he send the letter to me electronically or does it have to be hard copy? My concern is whether the Home office wants to see his original signature or a scanned version of the letter would suffice? Thank you in advance for any advice on this.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:46 pm

Masoud123 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:42 pm
Can he send the letter to me electronically or does it have to be hard copy? My concern is whether the Home office wants to see his original signature or a scanned version of the letter would suffice?
Since all documents for an extension are scanned and uploaded online anyway, it doesn't matter if the letter sent to you is already scanned or is a hard copy that you then have scanned yourself.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Masoud123
Newly Registered

Post by Masoud123 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:38 pm

geoeng wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:46 pm
[quote=Masoud123 post_id=<a href="tel:1872724">1872724</a> time=<a href="tel:1580218927">1580218927</a> user_id=231786]
Can he send the letter to me electronically or does it have to be hard copy? My concern is whether the Home office wants to see his original signature or a scanned version of the letter would suffice?
Since all documents for an extension are scanned and uploaded online anyway, it doesn't matter if the letter sent to you is already scanned or is a hard copy that you then have scanned yourself.
[/quote]
geoeng wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:46 pm
Masoud123 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:42 pm
Great, thank you.

Masoud123
Newly Registered

UK Spouse visa extension "bank statements" not original

Post by Masoud123 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:56 pm

Hi there,

We are about to submit our spouse visa extension for my wife and I have just returned from my local branch of Barclays bank where I visited to obtain 6 months bank statements. at the counter I asked if they could print, stamp and sign every page for me but they refused. I was told to use the machine in the corner to print out as far back statements as I like and the machine would print them with Barclays stamp at the bottom of each page. the result was pages of photocopy-like statements in black and white but all pages had the stamp of my local branch at the bottom right corner.

My question is:

1- is this format acceptable, given that now all documents should be scanned and uploaded to the UKCAS, therefore the statements do not need to be in colour?
2- is it sufficient that there is a branch stamp at the bottom of each page Or do I also need to ask them to sign each page too?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

askhans786

Re: UK Spouse visa extension "bank statements" not original

Post by askhans786 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:36 pm

I dont think there is any issue, we submitted online copies of statement which was on pdf and directly uploaded.

Your is stamped by the bank further validates your account.

I would just go ahead scan those copies and upload on UKVCAS website.

Masoud123
Newly Registered

Post by Masoud123 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:24 pm

Thank you for your prompt and reassuring reply. Another thing I am not sure about is the steps to do things. Clearly we will first have to submit the application online. What happens then? Do we wait for instruction from Home office to pay the fees? How soon after submitting our application should we upload documents? How do we arrange for biometrics appointment?

I would really appreciate any clarifications with regards to the steps and stages of this process. My wife and I really need to get it right and simply can’t afford any blunders.
Thank you

askhans786

Post by askhans786 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:55 pm

First step is to submit application online.

You will be prompted to pay the IHS fees in step 5 of UKVI online portal. So you pay the fees.

Once fees paid £1000 for IHS you will be given your IHS number you move to step 6 where you will be asked to print Family consent and Family declaration along with paying the visa fees.

Standard fees £1052 ; super priority £1852.

Depending what you choose.

Once all this amount is paid you will be able to upload document onto third party website UKVCAS and book your appt there.

Free appt has a lengthy wait or you can choose to pay £110 or £135 for next day appt.

You can either self upload doc on UKVCAS which is very easy or pay £40 odd to get one of the UKVCAS staff to do it for you on the appt day.

I hope this info helps.

Masoud123
Newly Registered

Post by Masoud123 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:28 pm

It is all amazingly clear now. Thank you so much for the step by step explanation. You have been enormously helpful.