ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUSE FLM [UK] - British Disabled Husband

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

agentz619
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Extension taking IELTS

Post by agentz619 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:06 pm

Hi all

My wife is on a Spouse Visa and has been in the UK almost 2 years now. She initially took IELTS A1 to get her Visa to the UK and I know to get another 2.5 years Visa Extension, she needs to take IELTS A2 but I have a few Questions;

Q.1 Could my wife instead of taking IELTS A2, take IELTS B1 instead for the Visa Extension?

Q.2 Secondly if she could take the IELTS B1 right now, how long will that certificate be valid for and could we use that certificate again once she has spent 5 years in the UK for permanent leave to remain/settlement visa?

My wife is confident enough to take the B1 test.

Thank you

B.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa Extension taking IELTS

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:21 pm

Q.1 Could my wife instead of taking IELTS A2, take IELTS B1 instead for the Visa Extension?
Yes.
Q.2 Secondly if she could take the IELTS B1 right now, how long will that certificate be valid for and could we use that certificate again once she has spent 5 years in the UK for permanent leave to remain/settlement visa?
Probably 2 year validity. Yes she can use it for ILR provided it is still on HOs list and from an approved test provider at that time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa Extension taking IELTS

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:09 pm

A1/A2/B1 ielts life skills tests are almost same in preparation & cost wise but only varies in terms of their completion time with few minutes difference only. Preferably B1 should be undertaken.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

agentz619
Newly Registered

SPOUSE FLM [UK] - British Disabled Husband

Post by agentz619 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:16 pm

Hi

I am in the process of applying for Further Leave To Remain for my wife who is on a Spouse Visa after arriving to the UK in 2017 from Bangladesh.

I myself am disabled, my wife and have a beautiful 1 year old son who was born in the UK and has a British passport.

We have lived in my parents freehold house ever since my wife moved to the UK, we don’t pay any rent or utilities bills - although I forcefully had to put the Gas & Electric bills under both my and my wife’s name.

Currently I receive Disability Living Allowance (Higher Rate) and Employment Support Allowance benefits combined £1143p/m. My wife isn’t working as she looks after me and our son (she has never applied for public funds, we have savings of combined £19,000+.

I was wondering if the below documents would be sufficient enough for my wife to get her visa:
  • Disability Living Allowance (Higher Rate) benefits
  • Employment Support Allowance benefits
  • GP letter confirmation of medical conditions
  • Marriage certificate (English version)
  • Wife’s SELTS English A2 certificate
  • Wife’s bank statement (£1700)
  • Joint savings account (£10000+)
  • My savings account (£7400+)
  • My parents home ownership letter
  • Surveyors letter confirming enough space in the house
  • Letter from my parents confirming we live with them and don’t require us to pay anything
  • Utility bill Gas and Electric under both my/wife’s name
  • Our sons Birth Certificate
  • Photos of us and our son
  • NHS letters of when my wife was pregnant
Would that be enough? I don’t have anything more than that.

Final question: On Visa Application Online portal it asks the question "What type of visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission do you have to be in the UK?" do I select "Family" or "Settlement? - This is the first time I am applying to extend my wife’s visa.

I would really appreciate any help.

Thank you

B.A

geoeng
Canada

Re: SPOUSE FLM [UK] - British Disabled Husband

Post by geoeng » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:44 am

agentz619 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:16 pm
Would that be enough?
From a brief look through your list, ensure that the bank statements you are providing show the deposit of the benefits-related funds into your account and that any funds being used for cash savings have sufficient statements to show their value has been held for at least 6 months. You will also be required to show evidence of cohabitation with your wife including 6 pieces of correspondence addressed to you jointly from at least 3 different sources spread roughly evenly over the last 2 years (any item of jointly addressed correspondence can be replaced with 2 items of individual correspondence: 1 each addressed to you individually). When you complete the online application form it will generate a list of required supporting documents, ensure you check your list against that so you don't miss anything.
agentz619 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:16 pm
Final question: On Visa Application Online portal it asks the question "What type of visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission do you have to be in the UK?" do I select "Family" or "Settlement? - This is the first time I am applying to extend my wife’s visa.
"Settlement" generally refers to ILR so I would probably answer "Family" if currently on a spouse visa.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

agentz619
Newly Registered

Re: SPOUSE FLM [UK] - British Disabled Husband

Post by agentz619 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:30 pm

Thank you, I will few more documents then I will complete the application.