ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement card - work and live in Northern Ireland

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Blacksea28
Turkey

EU settlement card - work and live in Northern Ireland

Post by Blacksea28 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:43 pm

Hi all,

As non-eu with eu settlement residency, such person is allowed to take up job or live in Belfast? And in the future for permanent residency or ILR, how does it work, lets say you live 3 years in the UK and moved to Belfast and lived 2 years more and in total 5 years so can get ILR?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: EU settlement card - work and live in Northern Ireland

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:44 pm

Northern Ireland is part of the UK!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Blacksea28
Turkey

Post by Blacksea28 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:44 pm
For now yes, but it is not part I guess, it is like partnership as named United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, that is why I was not %100 sure about exact rules for overseas.

And I guess it is not also certain after Brexit?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:23 pm

Northern Irelandd is the same rules as England, Wales and Scotland.

Northern Ireland is not suddenly separate from the UK/ni rules because of Brexit
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

avro1959
Mood:
Canada

Post by avro1959 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:50 pm

Blacksea28 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:21 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:44 pm
For now yes, but it is not part I guess, it is like partnership as named United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, that is why I was not %100 sure about exact rules for overseas.

And I guess it is not also certain after Brexit?
I’m not sure what you mean by “partnership”. The answer is in the name - United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland is very much a part of the UK and has been for a long time. NI has UK style postal address and uses the pound as its currency just like the rest of the UK. There are currently no plans for Northern Ireland to leave the UK.

You wouldn’t be leaving the UK if you moved to Belfast; you would be moving to just another city within the UK i.e. it’s a domestic move. Your existing immigration status is not compromised with a domestic move.