ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First time Passport Applicant

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Delacruz007
Newly Registered
Nigeria

First time Passport Applicant

Post by Delacruz007 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:20 pm

Hi everyone.. thank you so much for your contributions during this process. I’ve just been approved and I think I’ve got an invitation as I’m away and I’ve been notified I have a letter that looks like other correspondence from inis. That said, I have an urgent trip to make in March and I’m hoping to fly through Dublin as I had thought I’d get a transit visa prior to approval.
Please beautiful people, how can I apply for passport as a first time applicant and get it in time before I go away at the end of the month in March.
I’ve looked online and I saw things like passport express etc. I’m from Northern Ireland, is that possible for us in NI?
Thanks once again

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: First time Passport Applicant

Post by littlerr » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:05 pm

You can use the online application which is probably quicker to complete. Both online applications and passport express applications may take up to 4 weeks to complete, so it would be too late for you.

You could try ringing the Passport Office after you submit your application to speed it up. I tried it and I did get my passport a week quicker, but there is no guarantee on this. If I were you, I would definitely apply for the visa for that country now. It’s better safe than sorry.

Delacruz007
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Delacruz007 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:20 pm

Thank you so much for your response. I’ll give it a go online then ring the passport office after I made the application. Can I add my ticket reservation into the application when I post so they know I have a trip to go and hope for the best?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:58 pm

Yes of course you can do that.

I would still get a transit visa though.

Once your application is received, you can also call them to request for the return of your current passport. This can normally be done in two or three days.

Then you can call/online chat to them every other day to try and ask them to expedite your application.

SouthAfricanNomad
Mood:
South Africa

Post by SouthAfricanNomad » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:55 pm

Has anyone been successful in applying without a full birth certificate?

Delacruz007
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Delacruz007 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:04 am

You’re a star!!! I’ll do that🙌🙌
littlerr wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:58 pm
Yes of course you can do that.

I would still get a transit visa though.

Once your application is received, you can also call them to request for the return of your current passport. This can normally be done in two or three days.

Then you can call/online chat to them every other day to try and ask them to expedite your application.