ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied Tier1 visa on 8th august on previous version of form

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

maybe
Newly Registered

Applied Tier1 visa on 8th august on previous version of form

Post by maybe » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:22 pm

Hi,

I have applied for Tier1 Visa (General - Main applicant) on 8th August 2008, using the application form issued on 30th June 08. Just now I noticed that the application form was changed on 8th August.

1. Will my application be rejected straight away?

2. Is there some kind of transition period, till when HO considers applications made on previous version of the form?

3. Can I do anything at this moment or just wait for the reply from HO?

I am very nervous and any of your past experiences will really help me.

Thanks,
maybe

vinitmenon

Re: Applied Tier1 visa on 8th august on previous version of

Post by vinitmenon » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:24 pm

maybe wrote:Hi,

I have applied for Tier1 Visa (General - Main applicant) on 8th August 2008, using the application form issued on 30th June 08. Just now I noticed that the application form was changed on 8th August.

1. Will my application be rejected straight away?

2. Is there some kind of transition period, till when HO considers applications made on previous version of the form?

3. Can I do anything at this moment or just wait for the reply from HO?

I am very nervous and any of your past experiences will really help me.

Thanks,
maybe
are there any changes in the forms ?

maybe
Newly Registered

Post by maybe » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:02 pm

Two new sections have been added:

1. MBA Transitional Arrangements
2. HSMP Forum Ltd. Judicial Review

I am neither MBA nor do I require Judicial review.

Rest of the form is same.

Thanks,

newapplicant

Post by newapplicant » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:06 pm

maybe wrote:Two new sections have been added:

Thanks,
nothing to worry. New application has very few changes for MBA and HSMP forum limited. as you said you won't fall under those categories...nothing to panic..

shashi545
Newly Registered

Is this form only for in-country

Post by shashi545 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:23 am

newapplicant wrote:

Thanks,
nothing to worry. New application has very few changes for MBA and HSMP forum limited. as you said you won't fall under those categories...nothing to panic..
Hi,

Is this form only for in-country applicants, or does it apply even for applications from India, for example? Please clarify

newapplicant

Re: Is this form only for in-country

Post by newapplicant » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:33 am

shashi545 wrote:
newapplicant wrote:

Thanks,
Hi,

Is this form only for in-country applicants, or does it apply even for applications from India, for example? Please clarify
for in country applicants.

swati46

Post by swati46 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:40 am

Dont worry. I called the UK Border agency. They said that they give a grace period of 21 days. They will accept old forms till 21 days after 08/08. Hence there is no problem

maybe
Newly Registered

Post by maybe » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:31 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. It really makes me feel much better.

What Border Agency number did you try? I have been trying 0114 207 4074 for many days/weeks but could never get through. Am I trying wrong number?

Thanks,
maybe

arunkumarprs

Post by arunkumarprs » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:14 pm

I think thier menu choices are little awry....

once you dail the number, press 1 and again press 1(this is the option if you want to know about JR...but still press 1)

I tried for my entire last week and was not able to get the line even after holding for 20-25 mins each time....

I read some where in the forum about this option...

all the best...
maybe wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your reply. It really makes me feel much better.

What Border Agency number did you try? I have been trying 0114 207 4074 for many days/weeks but could never get through. Am I trying wrong number?

Thanks,
maybe
WP to Tier1 - From UK

14 Jun 08 Appln Sent
16 Jun 08 HO Recd.
18 Jun 08 Fee deducted
21 Jun 08 Ref. No. Recd. (dated 17 Jun)
19 Aug 08 recv call from CW to collect docs
Ref. No. : PB309*

vijayvvd

Post by vijayvvd » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:01 pm

Me too.
Applied on 8th August with form effective after 30th june.

However the application status shows it's raeched po box, epecting a collection.
Royal mail customer care says they have instruction to divert mails to po box (though it was special delivery)

Any body getting similar problem for within UK application

maybe
Newly Registered

Post by maybe » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:07 pm

Has the fee been deducted from your account?

vijayvvd

Post by vijayvvd » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:02 pm

maybe wrote:Has the fee been deducted from your account?
No not yet

vijayvvd

Post by vijayvvd » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:05 pm

Reference Number receievd dated 18/08/2008

So now the status is

Wp to Tier 1
Applied on 08/08/08
Payment deducted: 14/08/08
Reference Number received on :18/08/08

Going to apply for urgent treatment by attaching offer letter

ob40

Application returned because of invalid forms

Post by ob40 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:40 am

Hi I am new to this forum and in a lot of trouble. I hope some one is able to help.

I applied for my Tier 1 extension through an immigration consultant on 24 May. My LTR was expiring on 1 July. The consultant goofed up and submitted the wrong fee. The application was returned on 15 July. The consultant did not tell me that the application was returned but said that the HO is just asking for more money. I sent him the cheque. He confirmed to me in an e-mail that everything is OK and the application progressing well. Yesterday 19 Aug, the whole pack landed at my door directly from the HO with the application returned that it was on an invalid form. It also included the new 08/08 application forms and an advice to use these if I still wanted to make the application. Spoke to 2 people in the HO who advised to fill in the new forms and make a covering letter explaining that the consultant misled and misrepresented me. But they do not guarantee that the application will be taken as an in-time application, it will only depend on the case worker's assessment of the circumstances.

I have spent the whole night filling out the forms and am stuck at section D which asks about my status in the country and also suggests that I cannot make a further application if I am out of time. Can any one on this forum suggest what to fill there. I will be calling HO again for help in an hour. Has anyone else had a similar experience and what did they do.

HO also advised me to stop working. I have mentioned this to my employers who have asked me stay at home and await further instructions (possible dismissal). I shall be grateful for any advice.

Regards

OB

geriatrix

Re: Application returned because of invalid forms

Post by geriatrix » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:36 am

ob40 wrote:Hi I am new to this forum and in a lot of trouble. I hope some one is able to help.

I applied for my Tier 1 extension through an immigration consultant on 24 May. My LTR was expiring on 1 July. The consultant goofed up and submitted the wrong fee. The application was returned on 15 July. The consultant did not tell me that the application was returned but said that the HO is just asking for more money. I sent him the cheque. He confirmed to me in an e-mail that everything is OK and the application progressing well. Yesterday 19 Aug, the whole pack landed at my door directly from the HO with the application returned that it was on an invalid form. It also included the new 08/08 application forms and an advice to use these if I still wanted to make the application. Spoke to 2 people in the HO who advised to fill in the new forms and make a covering letter explaining that the consultant misled and misrepresented me. But they do not guarantee that the application will be taken as an in-time application, it will only depend on the case worker's assessment of the circumstances.

I have spent the whole night filling out the forms and am stuck at section D which asks about my status in the country and also suggests that I cannot make a further application if I am out of time. Can any one on this forum suggest what to fill there. I will be calling HO again for help in an hour. Has anyone else had a similar experience and what did they do.

HO also advised me to stop working. I have mentioned this to my employers who have asked me stay at home and await further instructions (possible dismissal). I shall be grateful for any advice.

Regards

OB
See HSMP extension - application invalid due to wrong fees paid

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ob40

Thanks

Post by ob40 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:21 am

Thanks sushdmehta

It was some relief to read that post and that the Home Office is being considerate.

I spoke to the Home Office about section 'D' of the forms. They are only an issue if one has a previous application pending with the Home Office and the leave to remain has already expired when this application is made. Only then can one vary the grounds of the previous application or not go further. You are allowed (at least in the forms) to make an application as an overstayer as long as you can provide a reasonable justification for it.

Does anyone know of any case in similar circumstances where they have not been considerate. I am sorry but I am an overly pessimistic person and this situation is driving me nuts. It has happened because of no fault of mine. The immigration consultant I hired was the same one who got me the initial approval 4 years ago. I never realised that people's work ethics change so fast. Because of this I have had to resign from my job that I really loved and am now sitting on pins awaiting decision on this application.

I shall be very grateful for any advice or suggestions in this regard. I will keep posting here so that others who may find themselves in similar situations can benefit.

Best Wishes

OB.

vijayvvd

Spoke to HO today for confirmation of urgent treatment

Post by vijayvvd » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:28 pm

Some hope for me.
Sent Urgent Treat ment last week thru royal mail as well faxed copy 28/08.

I spoke to HO , they confirmed that my urgent treatment application has been recieved and accepted for urgent treatment.
However he refused to suggest me when I can expect a decision, which seem logical.
Any way I will be calling HO on Froday again

Now mt timelines are
Wp to Tier 1
Applied on 08/08/08
Urgent Treatment confirmed on 04/09/08

vijayvvd

Re: Spoke to HO today for confirmation of urgent treatment

Post by vijayvvd » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:02 pm

I spoke to CC on friday and the guy at other end confirmed my papers are with case worker.
let's see how it goes

quote="vijayvvd"]Some hope for me.

Now my timelines are
Wp to Tier 1
Applied on 08/08/08
Urgent Treatment confirmed on 04/09/08[/quote]