ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which Date of Arrival?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

E11even
Newly Registered

Which Date of Arrival?

Post by E11even » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:35 pm

I have had several different visas/immigration status since I arrived in the UK
1. Ancestry Visa (granted in 2000 and then a repeat ancestry visa when I returned in 2005 - I have lived in the UK permanently since then)
2. Limited Leave to remain (granted in 2009)
3. Indefinite Leave to Remain (granted in 2014)

I am now applying for BC and I am wondering what to put as my "date of arrival"?
Do I state it as 2005 and send in my old old passport from the time as proof of this?

This goes further back than the 5 year period I am using as proof of my residence in the UK (I will need to send in my 2 most current passports to prove this)

So basically I will be sending in 3 passports to prove a) when I arrived and b) that I have been residing here for the last 5 years?

Is that correct and does it make sense?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Which Date of Arrival?

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:08 pm

1. State 2005 - as that was the date from which you stayed.
2. No need to prove this date, don't send the old passport.
3. Only send the passports covering the five year residency period.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Which Date of Arrival?

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:40 pm

based on a recent experience with a family memeber's application, I will advise the OP to also send the passport with which the OP enetered the UK in 2005 if available
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.