ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New points based immigration system: what is it?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dewdrops1420

New points based immigration system: what is it?

Post by dewdrops1420 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:21 pm

Hi,

Could someone explain to me what the new points based immigration system is.Does it have an official name?
Does it mean that a non EU person currently under Tier2 ICT visa can switch to this new category without any cooling off period and finally apply for ILR?
Does this new system replace any of the present visa Tiers?

Thanks in advance

alterhase58
Germany

Re: New points based immigration system: what is it?

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:35 pm

See official web site:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-immigra ... ed-to-know
No laws or regulations have been published as yet ...
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:40 am

Also see this thread.
alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:35 pm
No laws or regulations have been published as yet ...
What was released this week is just the policy document. More detailed Rules will be released closer to the end of the year.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:01 pm

In my view all that is just a reminder to especially EU nationals as how the new immigration system will work by the end of transition period on 31st December 2020. Present immigration authority is designing same uniformed immigration points based policies which will equally apply to future EU nationals too which will be a revolutionary change for them only but not for none-EU nationals who have already been used to it.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

dewdrops1420

Post by dewdrops1420 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:19 pm

Thank you all for the replies.

Ok even I was thinking the same.
But many in Tier2 ICT is having great hopes so was wondering if they are going to make some major changes.