ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settle status and new passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

blastoff
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

EU settle status and new passport

Post by blastoff » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:00 pm

I am ready to apply for naturalisation, but I've just realised my EU settle status is linked with my old passport, which went in the washing machine so it's not in great state.

I have now a new passport, but haven't updated this on the settle status, which means it's still linked to my old passport. To update the document on my settle status I would need to send my new original passport to Liverpool, so I guess it will take some time.

Do I need to update my document on the settle status before applying for naturalisation? Or I can apply even if I haven't? I still have the old passport (pages are still readable), so I am providing it as part of my naturalisation process. I get contrasting opinions from people I know who applied for naturalisation too.

Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: EU settle status and new passport

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:37 pm

You can apply with the current passport - no need to specifically update settled status for naturalisation purpose.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Rbgotpwr

Post by Rbgotpwr » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:43 pm

blastoff wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:00 pm
I am ready to apply for naturalisation, but I've just realised my EU settle status is linked with my old passport, which went in the washing machine so it's not in great state.

I have now a new passport, but haven't updated this on the settle status, which means it's still linked to my old passport. To update the document on my settle status I would need to send my new original passport to Liverpool, so I guess it will take some time.

Do I need to update my document on the settle status before applying for naturalisation? Or I can apply even if I haven't? I still have the old passport (pages are still readable), so I am providing it as part of my naturalisation process. I get contrasting opinions from people I know who applied for naturalisation too.

Thanks.
Update settled status portal first with your new passport. Then apply for naturalisation with your new passport.

Updating the portal with your new passport is an obligation. I would do it as a precaution.

blastoff
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Post by blastoff » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:04 am

Ups, I get contrasting opinions here too :)

You can't update the id on your settle status online unfortunately, you need to send a letter with your new passport to Liverpool.