ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK spouse visa English Lang requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Aarav086

UK spouse visa English Lang requirements

Post by Aarav086 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:03 pm

Hi everyone

I’m a British citizen (born and bred here) and met my husband whilst working in India 2 years ago. We’re now married and in the process of applying for his UK spousal visa now. We’ve just started the online application and it looks like he needs to both do the English B1 test and also get a NARIC certificate. He’s currently living and working in India. Is that correct? Does he need both or is just doing the B1 test (and passing) sufficient?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Casa

Re: UK spouse visa English Lang requirements

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:20 pm

Your husband requires either A1 level English from a Home Office approved test provider OR a NARIC ELA (Red Route) if he holds a degree taught in English. Not both.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Aarav086

Post by Aarav086 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:24 pm

When we’re completing the online form, it’s forcing us to tick a box each to indicate that we will submit a NARIC certificate and English language test results. This is why we have assumed we must do both. If we tick both boxes (to move on to the next page of the application), do we still only provide 1?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:27 am

Aarav086 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:24 pm
When we’re completing the online form, it’s forcing us to tick a box each to indicate that we will submit a NARIC certificate and English language test results. This is why we have assumed we must do both. If we tick both boxes (to move on to the next page of the application), do we still only provide 1?
You need to say "no" to question that have you got a degree taught in English even if he has studied that degree in English in India.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.