ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help regarding Naturalisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

FearlessTraveller
Newly Registered
Italy

Help regarding Naturalisation Application

Post by FearlessTraveller » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:49 am

Hello everyone.

I am looking to apply for naturalisation (after spending 20 years in the UK) however I am quite scared when it comes to the absences outside the country.

What troubles me is that a large chunk of my journeys outside the UK were made using my old passport, which was lost, and I can only go as far back as June 2016 with my current one.

Is there a way I can justify the fact that I cannot provide 5 full years of entries and exits from the country (as I will be using money I took from my student loan, and the last thing I need is for the application to be rejected)?

PS: should my application be accepted, can I immediately apply for the passport?

secret.simon

Re: Help regarding Naturalisation Application

Post by secret.simon » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:19 am

FearlessTraveller wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:49 am
should my application be accepted, can I immediately apply for the passport?
If the application is approved, you will have to attend a citizenship ceremony within 90 days. You can apply for a British passport immediatly after attending the citizenship ceremony.
FearlessTraveller wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:49 am
Is there a way I can justify the fact that I cannot provide 5 full years of entries and exits from the country (as I will be using money I took from my student loan, and the last thing I need is for the application to be rejected)?
Can you not locate your absences from your tickets, emails, etc? The flag on your profile suggests that you are an Italian citizen, in which case you will anyway have to list your absences without reference to your passport.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.