ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone else been waiting for over a year?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

IrobotZ
China

Same address, same condition but my application got delayed severely

Post by IrobotZ » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:50 pm

Dear Members

I applied for citizenship later Feb this year and still havent got a result yet my wife just applied 2 months ago and got her approval letter already, She was holding a dependent visa under me before she got her ILR which means our circumstances are almost identical. I have never broke a single law here in the UK and have always maintained a good track record of everything. My MP have tried to get a reply from the UKVI 2 months ago and have only be able to obtain a general reply saying they needed more search from internal and external agencies.

Is there any other ways to push the UKVI to give a result? even if the result is rejection, I would love to know what went wrong in my application. Should I contact my MP again once the election is finalised?

Its been over 9 and half months and this dreadful long wait is surely not good for my mental health.

Thanks for all your helps.

Really sick of waiting...

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Same address, same condition but my application got delayed severely

Post by aman90 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:18 am

Not really. Get ur SAR.

IrobotZ
China

Post by IrobotZ » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:17 am

aman90 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:18 am
Not really. Get ur SAR.
Thanks for letting me know, could you please kindly let me know if I should contact the UKVI directly to obtain my SAR? Kindly provide the email if you could please. Thanks very much.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:18 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

IrobotZ
China

Post by IrobotZ » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:38 am

Thanks very much for the info

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Post by xavieryves » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:34 pm

The SAR will be the best option but it does take about a month to get it. Whilst you're waiting you could send them an email if you haven't already or even if you already did before. I have found the email addresses below are the ones where you will be replied by a real person not a robot after a few days. They won't be able to give you the exact details of where your case is but you can at least have an idea based on their response. It usually goes like "Your case is with a caseworker and we are unable to give you anymore information..." or
"You will be contacted by post within 21 working days" - This is usually an indication that your case has been decided or about to and you will get a response imminently. Better than waiting with nothing at all.

nationalitysupportteamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk or nationalitysupportteamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

You would need to include in the email your full name, case ID, DOB, Place and Country of birth, Date of application.

IrobotZ
China

Post by IrobotZ » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:28 am

xavieryves wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:34 pm
The SAR will be the best option but it does take about a month to get it. Whilst you're waiting you could send them an email if you haven't already or even if you already did before. I have found the email addresses below are the ones where you will be replied by a real person not a robot after a few days. They won't be able to give you the exact details of where your case is but you can at least have an idea based on their response. It usually goes like "Your case is with a caseworker and we are unable to give you anymore information..." or
"You will be contacted by post within 21 working days" - This is usually an indication that your case has been decided or about to and you will get a response imminently. Better than waiting with nothing at all.

nationalitysupportteamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk or nationalitysupportteamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

You would need to include in the email your full name, case ID, DOB, Place and Country of birth, Date of application.
Thanks very much for the info, I have just send a email to furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk asking an update of my application 2 days ago, Is this the wrong email address? Should I send another email to the email you provided?

Thanks again for your kind help!

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Post by xavieryves » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:01 pm

IrobotZ wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:28 am
Thanks very much for the info, I have just send a email to furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk asking an update of my application 2 days ago, Is this the wrong email address? Should I send another email to the email you provided?
The email you used is also correct however as I was suggesting above, with that address you'll get an automated response telling you they'll answer your email in 20 working days, whereas the email addresses I provided a real person will get back to you in a matter of days. So yes, do send to those as well providing your identifying details I listed above.

The best option is still applying for a SAR so I hope you have or are planning to do that as well.

IrobotZ
China

Post by IrobotZ » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:37 pm

xavieryves wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:01 pm
IrobotZ wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:28 am
The email you used is also correct however as I was suggesting above, with that address you'll get an automated response telling you they'll answer your email in 20 working days, whereas the email addresses I provided a real person will get back to you in a matter of days. So yes, do send to those as well providing your identifying details I listed above.

The best option is still applying for a SAR so I hope you have or are planning to do that as well.
Again, Thanks very much for the detailed explanation, I will email them via the email address you provided and try to my SAR asap.

Have a great day

IrobotZ
China

British Citizenship Delayed

Post by IrobotZ » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:27 pm

I been waiting for my result for more than 10 months now... I got my ILR via investor route and I have 0 criminal record.

MP could get UKVI to reply, but its the same reply as if you contact the UKVI via email. I have contacted my MP 2 times and they got the same reply from UKVI.

They will tell you that in some cases its takes longer to get all the checked done and ask you to wait while refuse to give any answer to your questions.

Could anybody tell me if I could take the UKVI to high court and force them to make a decision? Any successful cases during the past?

On what basis should I sue them? How much would it cost?

Thanks very much.

IrobotZ
China

Anyone else been waiting for over a year?

Post by IrobotZ » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:56 pm

Dear All.

It's been 1 year since I submitted my citizenship application and i have been chasing them using diff means, nothing worked. Many senior members of the forum told me naturalisation is a privilege and there's nothing I could do to force them, But my solicitor suggest that I should go down the enforcement proceeding process against the UKVI. should i listen to my lawyer or just give up and wait.

Anyone could kindly let me know what is the longest delay people experienced here on the forum? I have no idea what kind of background could possible take more than 1 year.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Anyone else been waiting for over a year?

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:11 pm

We have one or two members that I am aware of still waiting since mid 2016, straightforward apllications, 5 years tier 2 and ilr etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:16 pm

IrobotZ wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:56 pm
Dear All.

It's been 1 year since I submitted my citizenship application and i have been chasing them using diff means, nothing worked. Many senior members of the forum told me naturalisation is a privilege and there's nothing I could do to force them, But my solicitor suggest that I should go down the enforcement proceeding process against the UKVI. should i listen to my lawyer or just give up and wait.

Anyone could kindly let me know what is the longest delay people experienced here on the forum? I have no idea what kind of background could possible take more than 1 year.

Thanks
Did you apply for SAR?

IrobotZ
China

Post by IrobotZ » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:11 pm
We have one or two members that I am aware of still waiting since mid 2016, straightforward apllications, 5 years tier 2 and ilr etc.
More than 3 years?

Jesus, this is beyond unreasonable

IrobotZ
China

Post by IrobotZ » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:30 pm

tier21419 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:16 pm
IrobotZ wrote:
Dear All.

Thanks
Did you apply for SAR?
Does making a SAR application actually works? I saw a few members applied for it and the UKVI is still holding on their application without taking any action.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:13 pm

You might be able to see the reasons for which they are holding, there might be some comments on your file. Should give you some information.

Omyousif
Sudan

Re: Anyhione else been waiting for over a year?

Post by Omyousif » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:55 pm

Hi
Me and my husband have been waiting since 24th January 2019 and no decision yet.
We tried MP but same reply, nothing to be done other than waiting, best luck for you.

FaeLLe
Member of Standing

Post by FaeLLe » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:21 am

IrobotZ wrote:
Dear All.

Thanks
Your solicitor just wants to make money off you, it will not give you any benefitical results as there is no service level gurantee (only a target) and the perrsonnel and UKVI are just doing their job.

What you can do is - ask your MP to contact a Minister. The Minister can make a formal request to Home Office to consider your application as Priority.

Look at caseworker guidance for Citizenship - "Priority treatment requests: nationality procedure guidance"
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... e-guidance

Good luck and never trust lawyers, always question them and keep them on their toes!

IrobotZ
China

Post by IrobotZ » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:03 pm

tier21419 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:13 pm
You might be able to see the reasons for which they are holding, there might be some comments on your file. Should give you some information.
Thanks for your help, I will apply it asap

IrobotZ
China

Post by IrobotZ » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:05 pm

FaeLLe wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:21 am
IrobotZ wrote:
Dear All.

Thanks
Your solicitor just wants to make money off you, it will not give you any benefitical results as there is no service level gurantee (only a target) and the perrsonnel and UKVI are just doing their job.

What you can do is - ask your MP to contact a Minister. The Minister can make a formal request to Home Office to consider your application as Priority.

Look at caseworker guidance for Citizenship - "Priority treatment requests: nationality procedure guidance"

Good luck and never trust lawyers, always question them and keep them on their toes!
Thanks very much for the detailed info, I will try to contact my MP again and request the same, but I have read the documents and it is said that 'If the case is more than
12 months old, but the delay is justifiable, priority should not be given.
'
what does justifiable mean? it is unclear and I am afraid the UKVI will use this as a ground to refuse the priority request anyway.

IrobotZ
China

Re: Anyhione else been waiting for over a year?

Post by IrobotZ » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:06 pm

Omyousif wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:55 pm
Hi
Me and my husband have been waiting since 24th January 2019 and no decision yet.
We tried MP but same reply, nothing to be done other than waiting, best luck for you.
My wife have got her citizenship granted a few months ago and she was my dependant before she got her ILR. this is just so confusing...

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:23 pm

IrobotZ wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:50 pm
Dear Members

I applied for citizenship later Feb this year and still havent got a result yet my wife just applied 2 months ago and got her approval letter already, She was holding a dependent visa under me before she got her ILR which means our circumstances are almost identical. I have never broke a single law here in the UK and have always maintained a good track record of everything. My MP have tried to get a reply from the UKVI 2 months ago and have only be able to obtain a general reply saying they needed more search from internal and external agencies.

Is there any other ways to push the UKVI to give a result? even if the result is rejection, I would love to know what went wrong in my application. Should I contact my MP again once the election is finalised?

Its been over 9 and half months and this dreadful long wait is surely not good for my mental health.

It is just silly &ridiculous from home office as your dependent got approved but you are still stuck.One thing experts know that HO is not working rightly .Recently a senior of HO has resigned on bully allegations by HS.Hostile environment is just getting worst under this political scenario.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:47 am

London22 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:23 pm
It is just silly &ridiculous from home office as your dependent got approved but you are still stuck.
Keep in mind that after ILR, all (adult) applications are independent of each other and decided independently. It is possible for one spouse to get British citizenship and the other one denied or investigated further due to something in their individual immigration (or other govt. related eg tax) history.
IrobotZ wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:05 pm
Thanks very much for the detailed info, I will try to contact my MP again and request the same, but I have read the documents and it is said that 'If the case is more than
12 months old, but the delay is justifiable, priority should not be given.'

what does justifiable mean? it is unclear and I am afraid the UKVI will use this as a ground to refuse the priority request anyway.
I think the previous line is explanatory - "When deciding to agree a request for priority, you must consider whether there is evidence that the case has been mishandled or overlooked.". The way I read it, that suggests that the request for prioritisation is based on whether the delay is a Home Office fault or not.

So a request to prioritise could be sanctioned, if for instance the file has fallen off the side of a caseworker's desk and lies forgotten (metaphorically of course. It is quite likely that all files are electronic nowadays).

On the other hand, a justification would something like the Home Office waiting on data from other govt. departments (DWP, HMRC, NHS, police, etc). That would justify the Home Office not progressing the application, until such data is received.
IrobotZ wrote:
I will try to contact my MP again and request the same
Keep in mind that MPs can question the Home Office (and other government departments), but they don't direct them. The only hold that individual MPs have over government is publicly embarrassing them by asking revealatory questions. But if the government is not easily embarrassed, that hold is correspondingly weaker.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

FaeLLe
Member of Standing

Post by FaeLLe » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:29 am

IrobotZ wrote:
FaeLLe wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:21 am
IrobotZ wrote:
Dear All.

Thanks

12 months old, but the delay is justifiable, priority should not be given.
'
When your asks the Minister to request on your behalf the HO will need to explain genuine delay to the Minister (note I said minister not MP).

Then under a SAR you can ask for your details and you should know what it is if the Minister will not tell you.

IrobotZ
China

Post by IrobotZ » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:38 pm

London22 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:23 pm
IrobotZ wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:50 pm
Dear Members

It is just silly &ridiculous from home office as your dependent got approved but you are still stuck.One thing experts know that HO is not working rightly .Recently a senior of HO has resigned on bully allegations by HS.Hostile environment is just getting worst under this political scenario.
Yes, its a bit 2 much for me as I have no idea why my case is delayed to such extend without explanation. I thought the hostile environment policy is only towards people who are not settled in the UK, almost everyone why apply for naturalisation are settled persons.