ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online form query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sachit81
Newly Registered
India

Online application glitch?

Post by Sachit81 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:18 pm

:evil:

Hi all

Not sure i am the only one facing this issue or I am doing something wrong.

Ive recently done b1 test, i am on ilr (hsmp) for past 8 years and never used naric or any other english test in any of my applications and used degree from India and letter feom college stating its english.

In english language section Online form it ask for if ive degree taught in english which ive, then it asks do i qualify using this i say no and it ask to provide Naric?

Does this mean ive wasted £150 on b1 and for me naric is the only way.

As surely i can not say I dont have english degree as this will be termed as deception?

I am surprised not much details related to this issue on this forum.

Please I am in bit of dilemma now

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Online application glitch?

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:24 pm

Tick NO to the degree question. It is ONLY ask regarding meeting the English requirement. Ho don't care what your qualifications are.

Tick YES to the B1 test question and use the test.
Loads, almost daily posts about this!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sachit81
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sachit81 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:24 pm
Tick NO to the degree question. It is ONLY ask regarding meeting the English requirement. Ho don't care what your qualifications are.

Tick YES to the B1 test question and use the test.
Loads, almost daily posts about this!!

Thanks for quick reply, why won't homoffice make it clear as it look like we have to lie to upload b1 test and really gave me panic attack as I disnt see anywhere on tbis form with same query and success timeline. i was planning for immigration lawyer however nased on your feedbacks And u being respected moderator on this form I will trust ur advice.

Also I am married to British citizen I am providing 5 years council bills and for 10 year history 10 p60s is that enough.

Thanks again for the good work u r doing god bless u

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:57 pm

Also I am married to British citizen I am providing 5 years council bills and for 10 year history 10 p60s is that enough.
Your passport(s) with stamps in/out is sufficient for proof of residency.
P60 or council tax bills would only be required for EU citizens as they don't get stamps in their passports. Don't provide unnecessary documents.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Sachit81
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sachit81 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:03 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:57 pm
Your passport(s) with stamps in/out is sufficient for proof of residency.
P60 or council tax bills would only be required for EU citizens as they don't get stamps in their passports. Don't provide unnecessary documents.
I am under the impression that 10 year work history is mentioned in form and it would be nice to prove that along with p60 as this will be less work for cw means quick turnaround

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:09 pm

Yes you are required to provide the work history but you are not required to prove that history. We don't know whether additional documents speed up the process but the advice to many applicants is not to add additional documents unless absolutely necessary. UKVI have access to HMRC and other agencies.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Sachit81
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sachit81 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:06 am

:?: Thanks

Hi Another Quick question. It may sound dumb however just want to make sure as its home office & £1400 on the stake.

I got married in india in 2010 and My wife came here as a spouse in 2010 and then applied for ILR as my spouse of tier1 and obtained citizenship in oct-19.

On my current application

do I qualify as married to british citizen, just asking as my marriage was in india although we have applied few applications as spouse to homeoffice.

I’ve been student when I first arrived here for 3 years. In immigration history can I just mention start and end date of student period or do I’ve to mention start and end date of 3 different student extension and relevant student visa IDs?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:00 am

You qualify as spouse of British citizen, irrespective of where you got married, and probably could have applied the day she became British citizen.
Regarding the various student visas/extensions I would include them as the question is for "any applications".

Sachit81
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sachit81 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:46 pm

Hi one more query what is my date of marriage Ive indian marriage certificate there are two dates actual marg date and registration date. Which one should i use?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:42 pm

Can't comment on this because not familiar with the two dates (how far are they apart?), perhaps registration date is the "safest". But it shouldn't matter as the certificate shows you are married.

Sachit81
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sachit81 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:28 pm

Thanks, its only a day apart marriage date 07 & reg 9th

Sachit81
Newly Registered
India

Online form query

Post by Sachit81 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:33 pm

Hi Ive nearly completed my application and just noticed that the auto generated document checklist is not showing Life in uk certificate in tick box section or next window.

I understand its a must have document but anyone else had similar experience or any comments? Ive checked my Application twice to make sure i have not done anything wrong but cannot see any issues.

Thanks

Sachit81
Newly Registered
India

Re: Online form query

Post by Sachit81 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:44 pm

Hi can someone please confirm In immigration history section:

Confirm reference and date of application if known- on each of my student and tier1 vida there are ref with UKxxxx for references can I use this and I dont know exact application dates
Of application should I enter month/year listed on each visa start date

Or

As it says if known leave these blank??

Thanks

Sachit81
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sachit81 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:00 pm

Can someone please reply to my queries :?: :?:

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:47 pm

Provide the information you have, such as reference numbers. If you don't know exact dates provide best/rough estimates.

FaeLLe
Member of Standing

Post by FaeLLe » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:49 am

Sachit81 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:28 pm
Thanks, its only a day apart marriage date 07 & reg 9th
It is the date of marriage on the marriage certificate...