ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sreerag89
Newly Registered
India

Spouse Visa Extension

Post by Sreerag89 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:55 am

Hi All,
Me and my wife are planning to apply for my visa extension. I need ur help and information based on experience.

Came to UK after marriage (wife is a British Citizen) on September 2017.
Studied at a well known University in London while staying with my wife (one year 3 months).
Got a job but had to work in Derby (for one year). Since my wife didnt wanna lose her job, we decided that she will stay in London and I will commute every weekend while renting just a room to stay during the week days. I have tickets to show the commute (Unfortunately I could only retrieve tickets from July onwards).

Got a job in London now, and I have been working there since January 2020. Now, me and my wife are staying together.
Positive things are:
1. I am earning enough for visa criteria.
2. All correspondences to me are delivered to the address in London only.
3. I went through a successful Disclosure and Barring Service check.

Negative things, I believe are:
1. My wife came to stay with me in Derby only for a couple of times as she was busy with her job.
2. We don't have kids yet.
3. We don't have a joint bank account.

My confusions are;
1. Is my time away from family going to be a problem?
2. Do we have to attend an interview?

Need your opinion on:
1. Whether we stand a chance?
2. Is it anything I can do to strengthen my application?

Kind regards

Casa

Re: Spouse Visa Extension

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:40 am

Sreerag89 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:55 am
Hi All,
Me and my wife are planning to apply for my visa extension. I need ur help and information based on experience.

Came to UK after marriage (wife is a British Citizen) on September 2017.
Studied at a well known University in London while staying with my wife (one year 3 months).
Got a job but had to work in Derby (for one year). Since my wife didnt wanna lose her job, we decided that she will stay in London and I will commute every weekend while renting just a room to stay during the week days. I have tickets to show the commute (Unfortunately I could only retrieve tickets from July onwards).

Got a job in London now, and I have been working there since January 2020. Now, me and my wife are staying together.
Positive things are:
1. I am earning enough for visa criteria.
2. All correspondences to me are delivered to the address in London only.
3. I went through a successful Disclosure and Barring Service check.

Negative things, I believe are:
1. My wife came to stay with me in Derby only for a couple of times as she was busy with her job. Not an issue as you were visiting her regularly
2. We don't have kids yet. Irrelevant
3. We don't have a joint bank account. Not an issue

My confusions are;
1. Is my time away from family going to be a problem? Not with the proof of a subsisting relationship
2. Do we have to attend an interview? The decision will be made on the evidence submitted.

Need your opinion on:
1. Whether we stand a chance? Yes
2. Is it anything I can do to strengthen my application? Chat logs/telephone records etc. of your contact during the time spent apart

Kind regards
It will be in your favour that you have continued to have all correspondence addressed to your joint home in London.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.