ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nahidyavari
Newly Registered
Iran

Visitor visa

Post by Nahidyavari » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:53 pm

Hi,
As a visitor visa, how long can stay in the visit each entry?
If we need to stay a little more as medical purposes than specific time, how long we are allowed?
Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Visitor visa

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:03 pm

Hello

Usually 6 months as they describe it here:

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa

Make sure the medical treatment is privately funded otherwise they can cancel your visa at the border or refuse future visas.

Nahidyavari
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Nahidyavari » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:09 pm

Thanks for your reply.
How long (how many dsys) can we stay beyond our six months lawful stay.
As maybe it takes for end of private treatment likely a week more.
Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:57 pm

How long is your visa in total?

Nahidyavari
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Nahidyavari » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:16 pm

Thanks for your response.
I'm on long visitor visa(ten years), start from last year.
I came to UK 29of December 2019,but unfortunately ENT cousalrant find out a tumor in my larenx, need to start chemio and then going radiotrapy, it takes maybe a week or max two weeks extra of my legal stay.
My concern is although I am on private treatment, something isn't going wrong with my long term visitor visa?
Thanks

Nahidyavari
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Nahidyavari » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:20 pm

Dear advicer zeruobabbell
Looking for your answer. Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:30 pm

It's hard to tell really.

The only people I met with 5-year and 10-year visa were busy in their home country and visiting the UK very sporadically; like a few days a year or less.

I never met with anyone who stayed more than 6 months in a single visit. The longest I ever observed was 3 weeks in a single visit.

If you stay 200 days, the Home Office is not going to come after you and deport you. However, you may get issues next time you try to renew your visa. Even if you don't see them at the airport when you leave, they know how long you stayed and this is something they look at when you apply for a visa next time.

I am not asking you to leave before 180 days, I know you can't. However, document very extensively what's going on. If possible, get a letter from the doctor. Keep that and be upfront about this next time you apply for a visa. They will know anyway. So go forward and explain it.

Once you leave, try to avoid the UK for a while and limit the duration of your trips. It's just for this longer visit to look exceptional rather than the norm.

Leaving for a short while and returning for extended period (like 6 months in the UK, 10 days out, 6 months in the UK...) won't reset the counter and this pattern can lead to visa cancellation at the border.

Nahidyavari
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Nahidyavari » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:24 pm

Mannyy thanks,
And last question.
As I am on ten years visitor visa, stay awhile more to end my treatment like 200 days,when coming back to UK, will my visitor visa cancel as I didn't inform HO about departure delay? (of course keep upfront my medical document)

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:36 pm

Nahidyavari wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:24 pm
Mannyy thanks,
And last question.
As I am on ten years visitor visa, stay awhile more to end my treatment like 200 days,when coming back to UK, will my visitor visa cancel as I didn't inform HO about departure delay? (of course keep upfront my medical document)
Highly Likely they will cancel your visa if u stay more than 6 months in one go when u try to re-enter again.

Nahidyavari
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Nahidyavari » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:12 pm

Thanks alot

Nahidyavari
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Nahidyavari » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:12 am

Dear Zerrubabbel
Thanks for your expert veiw.
As I don't like stay more than six months, but if my treatment is taking a month more, if I apply for medical treatment visa before six months lawful stay, will the current 10 years visitor visa cancelled.
My mean when HO consider to my medical Co diction and give me allow to stay more to end of treatment, my current long ten years visitor visa is on place yet?
Thanks for your reply