ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewal of GNIB for Dependent (Stamp 1G) without the presence of the primary Visa applicant

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alokjain_kolkata
Newly Registered
Ireland

Renewal of GNIB for Dependent (Stamp 1G) without the presence of the primary Visa applicant

Post by alokjain_kolkata » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:26 am

Hello Team,

With reference to the subject topic. I would like to enquire about the renewal procedures of Stamp 1G, dependentVISA.

I am residing in Dublin on STAMP 1G (Dependent VISA) along with my wife, who is the primary applicant on critical Skill VISA Stamp 1.

On 16th April 2020 is the expiry of both of our (me and my wife) VISA and we already took the appointment for its renewal for 15th April 2020 for both of us.

Recently my wife is not keeping well with her health and she had to undergo a surgery in India in December 2019. Post surgery, she has been diagnosed with depression, anxiety and stress symptoms, as a result the doctors have advised her to stay in India until she comes out from the current situation.

So, my querie is, am I eligible to renew my GNIB card (without my wife being present with me in Ireland on the renewal date) so that I can stay in Ireland and work on full time basis until my wife returns back to Dublin after her recovery?

Spire01
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Renewal of GNIB for Dependent (Stamp 1G) without the presence of the primary Visa applicant

Post by Spire01 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:48 am

alokjain_kolkata wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:26 am
Hello Team,

With reference to the subject topic. I would like to enquire about the renewal procedures of Stamp 1G, dependentVISA.

I am residing in Dublin on STAMP 1G (Dependent VISA) along with my wife, who is the primary applicant on critical Skill VISA Stamp 1.

On 16th April 2020 is the expiry of both of our (me and my wife) VISA and we already took the appointment for its renewal for 15th April 2020 for both of us.

Recently my wife is not keeping well with her health and she had to undergo a surgery in India in December 2019. Post surgery, she has been diagnosed with depression, anxiety and stress symptoms, as a result the doctors have advised her to stay in India until she comes out from the current situation.

So, my querie is, am I eligible to renew my GNIB card (without my wife being present with me in Ireland on the renewal date) so that I can stay in Ireland and work on full time basis until my wife returns back to Dublin after her recovery?
Hi there,
Sorry to hear about your situation. Its probably worth sending an email to INIS and check with them,
burghquayregoffice@justice.ie

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/co ... gistration

If they respond to your email saying - you can register without the primary visa holder....you can then take a printout of that response and present it when you go for registration.

Regards.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Renewal of GNIB for Dependent (Stamp 1G) without the presence of the primary Visa applicant

Post by littlerr » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:16 am

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately if you walk directly to the office, they would not allow you to renew. Your permission is dependent on your wife’s permission. The expiry date of your permission is always the same as your wife’s permission. The best scenario is that they may give you a 1-3 months’ temporary extension.

As spire01 said, write an email and see what they say, but I certainly wouldn’t hold my breath.

Also just to mention, if your wife comes back after her permission expires, she will have to apply for a new entry visa at the embassy in India. This alone could take weeks if not months.

alokjain_kolkata
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by alokjain_kolkata » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:13 pm

Hi Spire01. I have already mailed to INIS. They sent the standard mail that the reply might delay due to high numbers of queries