ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Term standard visitors visa for my Mom

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bahran 1985
Newly Registered
Iran

Long Term standard visitors visa for my Mom

Post by Bahran 1985 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:38 pm

Hi there,

I'm writing this post to find out if I can apply for a long term visitor visa for my mother to travel to the UK regularly.

I have an ILR which I obtained in 2017(never applied for a British passport for personal and moral reasons). I got my leave via Long Resistance (it was a combination of tier 2 and tier 4 leaves).

My mother wants to travel and stay in the UK. I realised the best option available for her is the standard visitor visa which is available in 0.6, 2, 5 and 10 years. We intend to secure a 10-year standard visitor visa.

I'm trying to purchase a property in the UK as a first-time buyer. I have a job which enables me to get a mortgage from the bank. My mom is also able to pay for the other half of the property as she has a considerable saving account.

One of the requirements for obtaining a Long standard visitor visa (5 or 10 years) is that the applicant has to have a valid reason for wanting to visit the UK regularly.

Regarding my mother immigration history, she is an Iranian national and has had 4 UK visitor visa (6 months) within the last ten years. She also has had several Schengen visas. She always complied with all the immigration regulations.

Now my questions are:

1) would, partially owning a house and having a genuine family member in the UK, enables my mother to obtain a 10-year standard visitor visa?

2) IF she obtained her ten years visitor visa and manage to regularly travel and stayed in the country for the time period, eligibles her for ILR via long resistance?

Thanks for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Term standard visitors visa for my Mom

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:44 pm

1. Owning a property in the UK is irrelevant to securing a visitor visa.

2. No. She still cannot stay in the UK for longer periods in 12 months than she does in her home country.

If she has only had 4 UK visitor visas, it is unlikely she will get a 10 year visa. You should aim for a 2 year visa then a 5 year ect.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Long Term standard visitors visa for my Mom

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:57 pm

Hello

You can't transition from a 10 year visa to an ILR.

It's not advisable to apply for 10 year after a 6-month visa. Try 2-years first, then 5, then only 10. Baby steps :)

If she manifests any interesting in settling in the UK such as transferring her assets to the UK, buying a residential property, or making the UK home by frequent and long visits, she can get her visa cancelled and subsequent visas refused.

She needs to show attachment to Iran such as own a property of investments there. Showing that she has strong attachments to the UK is counterproductive as it leads to refusal.