ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Redundant applicant

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Pazol Azel
Newly Registered
Slovenia

Redundant applicant

Post by Pazol Azel » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:53 pm

Hello,

if at the time of submitting my application I am working my notice period after being made redundant by my company, is it still truthful to state in the application that I am currently employed at that company ?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Redundant applicant

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:45 pm

Yes - if you apply before your notice period end you are still employed.
Even if you were unemployed it's not an issue as employment is not a requirement for naturalisation.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Pazol Azel
Newly Registered
Slovenia

Re: Redundant applicant

Post by Pazol Azel » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:21 pm

Thanks for that!
... But what happens if my company is paying me "pay in lieu of notice" which means that I will get all the money I'm owed for my notice period but my employment actually terminates at the end of March 2020 (before end of notice period) , so before I can submit my application for british citizenship... In that case I'm guessing I wouldn't be able to declare that I'm still employed at the company ?...

Thanks