ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years visit visa with passport valid till Jan 2028

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

damnmad
Australia

10 years visit visa with passport valid till Jan 2028

Post by damnmad » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:56 pm

Hello all,

We are just applying visitor visa for my parents, they already came to UK on Visit Visa in 2018 and stayed 3 months before leaving.

Their passports expire in Jan 2028, just thinking of applying for 10 year visit visa, would like to know to your thoughts and suggestions whether it is ok to apply for 10 years visa on 2nd time/visit? and their passport validity isn't an issue? for 10 years visa how much funds should we show on our account?

or is it better to go for 5 years now? how much funds required for 5 years visit visa

Please share your thoughts as we are looking to apply soon.

Regards
Never mind!!!

iwolga

Re: 10 years visit visa with passport valid till Jan 2028

Post by iwolga » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:07 am

I would take more stepped approach: applying for 10 years visa after a one visa of 6 months is a bit too extreme. Try getting 1 or 2 years visa, then 5 years.

For me expiration date of the passport wasn’t an issue. My passport expires in March 2023, I’ve got visa till September 2023. I don’t know though if it’s possible to use it once I renew my passport.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: 10 years visit visa with passport valid till Jan 2028

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:10 am

I have seen visas longer than the passport. It means when your passport expires, you have to travel with the new passport + the expired passport with the valid visa in it.

However, I don't believe your parents would get 10 years. It's a risky move calling for a refusal.

Get another 6 months, then go step-by-step... They don't deliver 10 years visas like that. They really need to see a travel history to the UK for years.